Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in college ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Connor821, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Who here has been a pothead all through college. Because I probably will be. I just wanna know if it's hard to juggle smoking and studying and what not.

2. I started smoking in the beginning 2 months of college I have an hour and a half break in between classes. So I would take a 10 min ride to smoke a bowl with a friend that had the same schedule as me. Then we would head to the cafeteria or chill in my buddies dorm room. It is manageable but I would definitely suggest getting all school work done first and have the weed as a reward system. Stoned in class is funny and weird but wouldn't do it unless you can understand the information the professor is saying.Truly no greater feeling than smoking a bowl after taking an exam. No fuck will be given.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I didn't smoke whilst in college (I still dropped out after 3 months) ,but if I could give you any advice it would be to "always let your studies come before your toking ,and buddies". I also advise you to find a safe place to burn (don't just fire up your cannabis in any old alley way or dorm) ,because jail time and charges associated with said jail time can fuck up  a career pretty good (take it from the guy who is on probation ,with a G.E.D. ,and works at subway).

• Like Like x 3
  4. You can do it, but don't let it consume you. Last semester I smoked wayy tooo much and I had to take a break from school. I've only smoked twice in the last 3 months and I'm going back to school with a focus on finishing. Just keep your goal of finishing in the forefront of your mind and you'll be golden.

5. I started smoking in college spring semester, and my grades actually went up.  The next semester, I started smoking more than I should have, I should have been studying.  But I recommend using it as a reward system, and wait until you get everything done you need to that day, and then toke it up.  But definitely best time of your life

6. #6 240sxLover, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    I've been a daily toker all through college, I'm a junior now. I'm gonna get all A/B's this semester I believe, but I tell you what. Once I got to junior year it got wayyyy harder to toke every day and still pass. While the short term effects of weed aren't major as long as you're not high at school or when you should be studying, the long term build up in your system makes you lazier in my book, and people who disagree are lying to themselves. I've seen all my friends become as lazy as I am, after I got them to become potheads too  :hide:
    *But I've also seen my roommate become super motivated and healthy since he stopped being able to buy/smoke pot this semester!*

Us college pot heads are often satisfied with C's, satisfied with getting just what GPA we need for our scholarships, etc. You'll really have to watch yourself. Work hard freshmen year when classes are easier than AP high school courses, and you'll thank yourself later. Freshmen and sophomore year I slacked off and got high all  day and managed to save my grades sophomore year (freshmen year I fucked up a lot and had to make up). The classes might get easier later in some respects (I'm a history major, and since my classes now interest me, I find them easier to study for) but for the most part you'll be doing more work and taking more hours in the later years, so don't slack off.

Bottom line, don't be afraid to make wild friends, smoke pot, and try new drugs/things/foods/sex(?) in college, but make sure you keep priority on school. Getting your college degree is what will save you from working a demeaning job the rest of your life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's not that bad I smoke in college. I usually don't smoke when I have work to do though unless i really have the urge to. But last year i smoked everyday and got all A's and B's this year i cut it down to mostly weekends and some weekdays and will probably again get A's and B's. My advice is just to control yourself like know what you have to do and if weed will interfere with it then be smart and make the right choice

8. I agree with the reward system. I smoked 3 or 4 times a week, but it was usually weekends or nights when I didn't have class or test the next day. Maybe stick to weekends for a few weeks until you get used to balancing everything.

9. I smoked everyday in college. Make sure you go to class and get all your shit done before hand. Dont smoke in your dorm.

10. Yes, don't get caught! You don't want to lose a scholarship or end up having to repay your student loans with no degree and a low paying job.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 VikingToker, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013

I study artificial intelligence at NTNU, the top technology university over here (ain't sayin much)

I've been smoking 4/5 years I've been here

Helps keep me focused on my goals in the long-term, fucks up my short-term by cutting into the hours I can work pr day (If I smoke, I won't do shit for the rest of the night, but if I don't smoke, I might go study a little later in the evening just cos' I feel like it.)

Edit: overall it's been great to me because you can't lie to yourself on weed, and weed helps guide you along the path of what you really want to spend your life doing.

12. Smoked everyday through college pretty much, currently in my junior year. I go to most of my classes high. I've gotten all As and Bs so far with one C. For some people it works as a reward system, personally though I have my medical card so I medicate multiple times a day. I have a final today actually and you can bet I'm takin a snap a couple hours beforehand, just to relax and improve my appetite so I can eat too

13. #13 inhumainpapaya, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    You can do it bro. I smoke about 1.5g a week on average during semester and get all A's. But I never smoke before class, only when I've got nothing urgent to do

Get ready to smoke a lot of weed at college op.

14. Considering students who dont smoke still fail classes, I think you should be okay if you just work hard and remember to have your priorities straight. Yeah smoking is fun etc, but dont put it before your studies. I didnt smoke throughout my entire college career (I have like a semester left to go) but my grades didnt suffer when I started smoking. 

15. if you can have comfortable balance between smoking and school work, because the beauty of weed is that it stimulates brain cell growth :)

16. No one has ever smoked weed and passed college. Don't you know.

This section of the fourms are priceless now days.

17. MeGrades betterAttendance betterNotes betterHigh school bad gradeCollee 3.0Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. I toke and I'm in college. It isn't that hard just get what you NEED to get done before you toke.

19. Sometimes I smoke before class. Still do quite well.

20. The valedictorian of my high school smoked weed.

• Like Like x 1