Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking in apartments

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420everysecond, Dec 22, 2011.

1. So I'm almost 19 and going to be moving out very soon. If I have my medical card, would it be ok to smoke in my house? I don't want to be getting in trouble with the law and whatnot.

2. Use a sploof, air freshener and what not.

Unless there is a non-smoking rule in your building there should be no problem...

3. If your apartment is relatively new and the ventilation shafts in each apartment connect to a main shaft, you might have a problem, as vents are notoriously good odor transporters. However, I'm pretty sure some older apartments just vent every apartment to the outdoors in which case you should have no problem with the scent.

If an apartment employee comes in he can't bust you on the smell because theres a lot of things that smell like weed. And like the guy above me said, check your smoking rules. If you have a medical card I'm pretty sure you can do it since it technically counts as taking medication but I'm not 100% on that because I don't live in a medical state.

4. Open ur vent, put dryer sheets in there. Problem solved

5. I'm still looking around to see what complex will be affordable and I have a few in mind. One of them is really new (A few years) but I have a friend who lives there so I'll ask her. Thanks for the help and I love your signature haha.

6. if you have a card then yes.

7. Your going to have to ask the owners, I'm sure you could get away with it easily though.

8. Should I be straight up with them and say "I have my MMJ card. Is it ok if I medicate in my house or do I need to be out on my patio?"

9. Yeah, I think you should. You should find a nice professional and friendly way to bring it up so they don't think they're letting some crazy pot head into their apartments, because they COULD deny you living there because of it. So be careful.

10. You probably could... BUT I would just sploof it or blow hits out the window and you should have no problem. Ultimately its not cigs so it won't smell after a day and you'll be fine

11. Yea cigs are nasty. I remember I bought a pack the day after I turned 18 (they didnt let me on my birthday) I smoked one, and hated it. Made my clothes reek. Not to mention the cancer, bleh.

12. You might want to check out the laws in your state to see if there's any kind of protection for MMJ users in this kind of situation.

This is probably a good idea though. At least check through your lease and see what the restrictions on smoking inside are. If they don't allow smoking indoors then you might have to take it outside to be on the safe side, but I wouldn't think that would give them cause to deny you from renting there.

I don't have an MMJ card and I smoke in my apartment anyway, I'm on the top floor and my next door neighbors smoke so I'm not worried about them smelling it.

I do use a sploof whenever the office is open though, because the maintenance guys will come by and leave notes on the door about lease-renewals and newsletters and stuff. Last thing I need is for the area outside my door to smell like a Grateful Dead concert. ;)

13. I live in an apartment and smoke inside all the time and have never had a problem, same goes for all my friends who live in apartments too. I've never worried about it, but perhaps I should now...

14. It really depends on your apartment.

Things to take into consideration are: How close are you to your neighbors and their windows? Are you above or below them? Which way is the smoke going to go? Can they smell it, and does it matter if they smell it?

How much are you planning on smoking, how close will you be to your door? Do you have to worry about people walking by your door and smelling it? People who work for your complex coming by your door?

You live there, so only you can figure out for sure how safe it is to be smoking in there and how much is too much. :smoking:

15. I smoke in my apartment. But everyone I live with and everyone in all teh other apartments smoke to. Alaska really is the best.

16. If you smoke inside a little bit, and the vents aren't connected, then you should be fine. If you plan on having people over frequently smoking js and blunts all day then it will seep through the front door more than likely. If you're downstairs be careful when smoking outside, the smoke will rise and someone above you might not like that.

17. I've had a few tours inside the model apartments, and I'd smoke in my living room/bedroom. I'd definitely see if I can get a top floor apartment because I love being on top floors in the first place :)

18. Bathrooms vent outside the building. Turn on the fan and smoke in there.

19. I can't believe I'm the first person to say this. Get a vaporizer.

Barely any smell at all, among other benefits.

20. It really depends. I smoke in my friend's apartment all the time. His whole floor reeks but his neighbors are chill and they occasionally join us to sesh too.