Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking in an apartment?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by marcus00, Dec 23, 2008.

1. So me and my girlfriend are going to get an apartment together since we're going to be attending the same college. Since it will just be me and her, I was wondering if it would be safe to smoke in the apartment, without the scent getting to my neighbors or anybody else who could call / be the cops? Or does anyone know a way to mask the smell enough to keep it from leaving the apartment?

Thanks in advance for advice.

2. Just smoke with all your windows closed, and then when you're done with your little session spray febreeze or something all over the room.

3. towel under the door and about 3 incense

4. I smoke in apartments all the time and have never had a problem but it also depends on the apartment and whether the manager lives there

5. I live right under my landlord and he smells nothing. I bake my room all the time, sometimes I'll open the window a little to let it breathe. He doesn't smell anything, though I'm 100% sure he wouldn't care if he did.

6. just light a candle or inscent any time that you smoke, that's all i do. and if you're on the 1st floor make sure ur damn blinds are shut...

besides that it's your apartment, do what the fuck you want to in it

7. smoke... burn an orange peel... smoke some more... burn the rest of the orange peel...

trust me.

8. an orange peel? that probably smells disgusting

9. i live in an apartment and i smoke outside in my patio, where plenty of people walk by and smoke lingers.

im so fuckin retarded....

10. i live in an apartment. My landlord nor neighbors have never complained about my weed smoke. It all depends on your neighbors and that good stuff.

11. Towel the door and you will be fine. It will air out. The apartment should be big enough that the smell really shouldn't be reaching to the front door. Even if your still worried, smoke in a secluded room.

12. #12 youngbeast817, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    Actually it smells good as hell.. A light citrus scent that also takes away the smell of weed smoke and cigarette smoke et al. You suggested a candle to help make the smell go away? I'd be delighted to let you know, flavored candles have citrus in them. In fact, citrus is probably in the top 5 most popular candle flavors.

Being disrespectful and calling people names is not really appreciated and it against the forum rules. Please, review them. - Liquidtruth

13. sorry youngbeast817 that i don't waste my time lighting fruit skins...
    i'll take up that hobby just so you can sleep at night knowing that you are Mr. Know All on GrassCity.

i'll stop lighting stupid things like candles and incense.

14. AHA here we go, let's get some quoted resources into this argument!

"Outside of the kitchen, there are a surprising number of uses for orange peels. One unusual use for dried orange peels is as kindling for fires. The orange oils found in the peels are indeed flammable, but they burn more slowly and steadily than common kindling material such as newspaper. Orange peels also have the advantage of creating a pleasant odor as they burn. It may be convenient to keep a heat-resistant bucket near the fireplace as a collection point for discarded orange peels.

Another use for orange peels is air freshening. Combine dried orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lemon peels, and flower petals in a simmering pot of water. As the steam leaves the potpourri, the air should become much more fragrant. Orange oil, derived from orange peels, is often used in commercial air fresheners and furniture polishes. Dried orange peels can also be stored in a cheesecloth bag and kept in closets to reduce musty odors."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-uses-for-orange-peels.htm

Edit: hey man it's all good and didn't mean to cuss you out... and no I really don't think I'm a know-it-all... just kind of on edge cause I'm not high right now, yeh I know I need to fix that

15. I've been smoking heavy for 2 years in this apartment and I never use odor control, my apartment keeps the smell in real well. I smoked for like 8 months before I even knew my neighbor was a sherrif, then I saw her go in and almost laughed my ass off cuz I was so high, I smoke the kynde which f****** reeks(beautifully). You have to know how much the smell reeks out of your apartment, have a friend come over after you've smoked a blunt and make sure they smell around before you open your door.

One of my friends got a police visit just by smoking in his apartment...bullshit if you ask me, I say Fuck odor control, and prohibition.

16. dude youngbeast. -rep for knowing about a website called wisegeek.com
    and for saying

17. #17 youngbeast817, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    I just apologized man... let's just be cool I got a little off edge

you didn't read my edit in the last post?
    i found the link through google btw

ps: your -rep didn't do anything lol since you have none but still

:smoke:

This whole thing is just stupid when you look at it from a third-person viewpoint

18. i never really worried about it before. but i was thinking about staying at my brothers place for a few months. And seeing how well carbon filters trap odor i was thinking of getting a filter/fan combo, mount it under the coffee table or something. If i'm in a small enough room it should scrub the air pretty well. I duno, i never tried it, just a idea.

19. I'd say so.

20. this.
    this is what I worry about.
    I don't wanna be blazin up my apartment and one day have the police show up.
    How good does incense cover the smell?