Smoking... In a Cemetery

Discussion in 'General' started by Mist425, Sep 7, 2007.

1. That is exactly what I was thinking. I have smoked in a cemetery and I don't think it's being disrespectful. But I can't say that the relatives of the dead would agree with me.

2. Well put. I see nothing wrong with weed, in fact, it's a peaceful thing, and sometimes I do smoke in graveyards, just be quiet, respectful, don't leave a mess, don't bother others there or vandalize stuff. In fact, it's a rather peaceful and medatative place to smoke... just don't overdo it, you will get freaked the fuck out.

3. that is just weird

4. I agree I have no moral issues with smoking.

Just like I have no moral issues with sex. But can you just go around having sex anywhere???

If weed was legal there would be regulations- most likely you would not just be able to smoke a joint/bowl anywhere you want.

It would be like alcohol.

Can you just go walking around in the streets drinking???

No it's against the law.

Marijuana would (*most likely*) be limited to establishments/events & homes.

EDIT::

And of course I would have no objection to drinking water or smoking a cig- they are both perfectly legal things to do anywhere. What kind of weak argument is that??

My honest opinion-

Its not so much the disrespect- but the image it gives stoners.

EDIT 2::

Different scenerio-

How about smoking crack or shooting heroine in a cemetary- I mean if a cemetary is an acceptable place for one drug it must be ok for all correct?

Or are we going to pull a double standard out of the old a-hole

5. it wouldnt be my choice spot to blaze but i see it this way u would be blazin in remembrance of those below that cant anymore...and fuck it u never know when u gonna go, cause lifes a bitch and then u die

6. All morals dissipating within the world.

7. hey this thread kinda makes me wanna go find harry j anslingers grave and take a nice stinkey shit on it and blow a massive cloud at his headstone before spray painting FUCK YOU on it. well maby not but its a nice thought.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Who exactly are you disrespecting by toking up in a graveyard?
    The only way I can see for that argument to be valid is if the cemetery were turned into a stoner-hangout and scared people away from visiting their since-past loved ones.
    Else wise, uh, who gives a shit?

9. Why are you so closed minded to new ideas? You are disrespecting the loved ones (by someone) buried within that sacred ground, and territory upon the earth. The spirits are alive, and you are wrestling them. If you want to smoke, do it upon the non-sacred territory. It is just a simple test of morals in the end.

10. It's OK for cigarettes but not OK for weed? You're contradicting yourself, creating double standards.

11. Pardon me? I see no 'new ideas' being presented nor am I opposing any of these mythical ideas.

Okay, so you're disrespecting the 'spirits' by smoking marijuana around them? How does this happen, oh, you say that it's wrestling them? Cool! So there's some sort of ethereal spirit battle that happens in a cemetary whenever marijuana smoke enters it? I had no idea my pot-smoking was possessed!

Smoking pot isn't disrespectful.
    If you think that it is morally unsound than I feel you are a very poor example of a blade.

12. I know a kid who got busted smoking in a cemetery thats like right by campus... the cops take random walks through the cemetery to bust stoners... which made me wonder, how many people actually do this? But its understandable because its like connected to a parking lot on campus and its like a little woodsy road then the cemetery... its a real nice place to smoke if u don't think about the tombstones or get busted by the cops... haha

13. Its not like hes having a party and thrashing the place. Just be respectful of the place, dont disturb any graves or flowers or anything and you should be fine.

14. It is impossible never to disturb a cemetery at night, as that is the time in which they wander.

15. Just because of the illegality of a substance doesnt make it disrespectful. I guess to each their own. I'm personally perfectly okay with smoking weed, the time or place matters not.

:hello:eric:hello:

16. do you care if someome smokes in the cemetary that you end up in? who knows, you could end up being buried in the same one you go to smoke in

17. Everytime i visit my bros grave i blaze a bowl it makes me feel closer and brings back memories

18. Nah, I smoked in a cemetery once. It was fun.

Then one of my friends left her phone there and we had to drive back and get it at like 2 in the morning when she realized.

19. Only smoke there at night, it's not disrespectful to the dead but it could be to the families. I could see how some people could get upset if they're mourning the death of their loved ones and there are some kids smoking a bowl right near them.