Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking herbs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by D.V.D.A, Mar 21, 2009.

1. I'm looking for a medium other then tobacco to smoke kief with, so I can roll a joint of _____ with kief sprinkled in it. I know there are legal buds and crap like that but im not interested in that, just a normal herb that i might be able to just buy from a hippie shop. I heard smoking catnip settles your stomach, but thats about all i know. Anyone here ever smoke any herbs that are relaxing? or know of any.

2. #2 weedidas, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    I like chamomile, I've tried it before and its good, leaves a sugery taste in your mouth after and smells very sweet, very calming, slightly euphoric sometimes.

Chamomile. It is also useful to treat digestive upsets caused by anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, motion sickness as well as anxiety.

Lemon Balm (or Melissa) is relaxing, smells lemony. It't is an aromatic herb with cooling and sedative properties, lowering fever, improving digestion, relaxing spasms and improving peripheral blood vessels.

Passion flower has a long history of use among Native Americans, in both North and Central America. It is used to treat insomnia, hysteria, and epilepsy, and is also valued for its painkilling properties. It has been found to contain beta-carboline harmala alkaloids which are MAOi's with antidepressant properties.

Skullcap, Traditionally skullcap has been brewed into a relaxing tea. There are reports of this herb also being smoked to produce a very strong “stoned effect”. Some people drink a cup of tea and smoke a cigarette of this herb at the same time for a combined effect.

CatMint. The catmint species are used as relaxants, nervines, sedatives, and as antispasmodics. They are used to alleviate symptoms such as insomnia, stress, menstrual cramps, and gut cramps. Herbalists will sometimes make a relaxing tea from a couple spoonfuls of the dried product. People have also been known to smoke catmint which some say produces an awesome and pleasant euphoric feeling.

Catnip is very close to catmint, but not the same. I would think it gives pretty much the same effect though.

A few of these should be easy to find at any grocery store in tea form, especially chamomile.

3. If youre looking for something quick and easy, go to the store and get a pack of clove cigarettes. You can sprinkle some kief on it and re-roll into a joint.

4. Salvia. That is all I have to say.

5. I quit smoking tobacco, and thanks for the info on those herbs

6. you want him to smoke a joint of kief and salvia? hahahahahahaha wtf dude would be trippin balls. though i heard you have to smoke salvia through a pipe of some sort or it doesnt work well. and thank you OP for posting this question i was just thinking the same thing today. i would love to mix my weed with something so i could smoke huge joints and blunts without worrying about waisting to much weed but i dont like tobacco. thanks dude.

7. Parsley would work too.