smoking herb and gastritis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dude7, Oct 9, 2011.

1. #1 dude7, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    one day i was having bad pain in my stomache but i ignored it. it continued for weeks untill it got prettty bad. i got sudden sharp pains under my right rib ,under my left rib, and in the center of my chest.heavy breathing so i was taken to the hospital. after hours of wait. i was treated and was taken a body scan. long story short i was diagnosed with gastritis. i thought i could of had a ghal stone or something. they didnt prescribe me any medicine. after that i watched my diet and i got better after weeks of diareah. could the herb have caused this? i did have some moldy herb could that have any affect on that.?
    also sometimes when i smoke i feel the urge to burp. my stomache hurts if i dont

2. #2 NefariousBredd, Oct 9, 2011
    Not likely at all. Inhaling herb sends it through a completely different system in your body, namely the cardiovascular system. If you ate something, it would go through your digestive system and cause these issues. As it stands, based upon some very thorough study, marijuana actually helps to relieve gastritis pain.

The burping and such, it's part of an involuntary process commonly called the "gag reflex". It prepares your body to projectile hurl (technical term). This explains the stomach ache as well, as it's almost ready to hurl at that point.

If you want the truth, it's all in your head. To prove it to you, go and do yourself a HUGE favor, and buy a vaporizer. All your issues will be gone, burping, stomach ache, etc - well except the gastritis, which is definitely unrelated.

Best of luck!

*I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay in any fancy hotel*

3. thanks alot. ill do that. i just wish i could enjoy the herb as much as i did before i got those pains. it all started one day after i ate a tuna jalepeno sandwich and took a vitamin after.food poisoning?

4. #4 NefariousBredd, Oct 9, 2011
    Yeah man, the vape will set you straight for sure. Always wash peppers, they are prolific carriers of all types of infectious diseases - solely due to the half-ass way we package and transport them. If your issues still persist, definitely go back to the doc. Could be more serious than you think!

For example:

http://www.injuryhelpnetwork.com/jalapeno-pepper-recall-salmonella-saintpaul/

Not the most recent, but it happens all the time.

5. Dude - his response is exactly why you don't come to this board for legal or medical advice. He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. My wife has gastritis and the first thing the doc asked was about smoking (cigs, but it turns out smoking anything can cause problems.)

Irritants - Chemical and environmental irritants can damage the stomach lining and cause gastritis. Common irritants include alcohol; cigarette smoke; corticosteroids and certain other prescription medications; and aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin and others) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn and others).

6. i need as much advice as i can get. what kind of medicine is used to treat gastritis?anyone know.? i also notice that the higher i get the more un-easy feeling i have and i feel uncomfortable and ill get stomach pains or a head ache. the better the quality herb less pain too.the lower the dosage the more comfortable i feel. eating greasy food has also an impact....