Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking has changed for me over the years

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cookie777, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, this is my first post mainly due to how frustrating smoking has become for me.

I started smoking from 18 everyday, several times a day. 6 months later, i started doing harder drugs and pretty much like lost my mind. over a 3 year period (but was still smoking throughout those years). There was a lot of paranoia, and i've told myself that if I can smoke and feel the way i used to feel before doing harder drugs, then my mental health is back in shape. Make sense?

Thing is im not sure if that is a logical goal or not because when I smoke I enjoy the shit out of the first like 20 minutes, then get this really scared feeling, and I have a feeling it may be one of two things - smoking weed these days I associate the feeling with back then during the paranoia (which could be fixed and probably a perception thing) OR maybe it is reflecting that my normal state of mind isn't that normal. I'm very introspective.

I smoke every now and again to try and check my mental progression. I smoked the past 2 days out of 3 and both times it started off pretty happy and what not, but I wasn't able to zombie out like the normal stoner thing that happens. And after the fun, the paranoia came and I think about the same cycle of thoughts both times (cant remember, is that normal when you smoke?). I don't really want to see a psychologist cause i have tried that and that is depressing shit lol so I felt people would be more straight up bold with what may be happening.

I do notice that I feel better the next day and become more satisfied with my normal state of mind, cause it feels like a hell of a trip. Last question, could it be because I haven't completely let go and moved on? (writing this has made me veer more towards that...)

Please let me know guys, this is some mind boggling shitttttt

2. I've seen this happen to a lot of people, after a certain time of daily use they start to become more introvert, more isolated, more tensed or even slightly paranoia, more restless; some of them were getting pretty structural/methodical about their daily life to the point where it would really became an issue whether the colour of the peanutbutter was okay or not.
    Some ancient cultures believed marihuana yielded great powers, above all, it could make you connect to the world of spirits in some or more ways. Therefor, it was used only by a small group of people; it was not intended for use on greater scale.
    Todays society has changed these dynamics; we live in a fast world and have many wishes and desires that have a right to be forfilled at our convenience.
    In short, a lot of people aren't fully aware why they're using marihuana, or any other drug as well. They just do it and it becomes an habit, it's mostly a physical thing while it should be a spiritual thing.
    Try to cut back on smoking for a while, try to remember those days where you didn't had to smoke anything to feel allright, have confidence in yourself, you'll have bad days but nothing compared to the anxiety and unrest you might experience now.
    Be in the right mood when you smoke, it will make the high somuch more fun and relaxing. Cutting back on smoking makes you appreciate the highs somuch more; it's both a learning and an amazement experience instead of just numbing yourself.
    I wish you luck sir, it takes guts to post a story like this.

3. Hey Trenphantasma, thanks for ur response dude. Well firstly I guess its relieving to know i'm not the only one. Of everybody I know, I haven't heard of anything like this ever happening to anybody except myself and thats not a fun thing to think about.

I was trying to do just smoking once a week, but I think due to my excessive previously daily use, it's a lot harder to do than say. But may have to go for once a month and be strict about it. I know if I can be in the right mindset, it can actually be a good aid in my life, uplifting my mentality and opening my mind and heart again.

Do you know if these people were able to smoke again and enjoy it fully? And if so, what did it for them..? I know everyone's different, but I've been trying to keep my mind focused on positive perception.

4. I wouldn't blame the smoking on changing you, I would blame the harder drugs. Please don't even try to blame marijuana as what led you into the gateway of harder drugs, it was by your own ignorance that you began taking these things and therefore loosing your mind.

You're just a straight up addict, think like an addict, act like an addict. Best advice, get sober and get your life in order.

5. you don't even sound like a stoner dude. and hence the title name... it says changed 'FOR' me over the years, not 'has changed me'.

My only reason to smoke again every once in a while is definitely a spiritual thing, to give me a more open mind having closed it off losing trust in people and well myself. so bring ur dickhead attitude somewhere else. at least im trying to become a better person... something maybe you should think about

6. Honestly there is no way to "sound" like a stoner, we come in all shapes and sizes. Stop trying to fit us into a stereotypical mold. :rolleyes:

I don't think of myself as someone who is "more better" or "less better" than others. I definitely partake in the ganja, but I don't like to identify or label myself as a "stoner". I'm just a human on living out my own customized journey in life.

The human experience is subjective.

7. [quote name='"jizzledfreq"']I wouldn't blame the smoking on changing you, I would blame the harder drugs. Please don't even try to blame marijuana as what led you into the gateway of harder drugs, it was by your own ignorance that you began taking these things and therefore loosing your mind.

You're just a straight up addict, think like an addict, act like an addict. Best advice, get sober and get your life in order.[/quote]

You sound like a dick.
    Cannabis isn't gods gift to earth; it has an affect on people. Sometimes positive sometimes negative.

8. I saw a show on tv that was talking about this. When some people smoke they find they are enjoying themselves at first, then get this strange 'scared' feeling like you said. They did an experiment and found that it had something to do with the CBD levels. If I remember right it has something to do with the CBD countering the THC. If the ratio between the THC level and the CBD lever aren't right, then this feeling sets in.

9. Well u certainly have ur own issues to deal with. one day you'll give shit to a junkie and he'll become obsessed in trying to get to u and fuck u up. "check yourself before you wreck yourself, big dicks in ya ass is bad for your health"-joey diaz

10. hmm, but the CBD levels aren't something related to the brain, which in turn would mean that it depends on the quality of the bud. I would think it would be more related to the person, no? do you know if they mentioned like what behavioural qualities were linked to this... if it can be alleviated somehow, or if it reflects issues within the person even when they're sober? OR could it just be it brings anxiety but that there's actually nothing wrong and I'm actually fine, just over analysing - the line between normal and weird mentality has become a bit blurred. Thanks for your input

11. Dude stop being rude. I don't know why you are saying he has problems?

I'm sorry we're not all like Tommy Chong. Cannabis doesn't affect your personality enough to stereotype. You would be surprised at some of the people i've met that smoke. Office types, hippies(obviously), A+ students, F students. Weed isn't just for hippies anymore and i'd appreciate it if you stopped treating members this way.

12. No need to apologize dude, I didn't mean to stereotype at all. But I don't see his reason for being a dick, do you? I just remember that when I used to smoke, I was a lot more understanding of people, as with most other stoners I knew. Thats how I remember it affecting me and actually enjoying it.. before it became a trip of confusion and paranoia. I've met a huge variety of smokers myself, i just came on here to ask a question about my own health and see if anyone has any solutions or knows much about it. Maybe I shouldn't have let it bother me, so I apologize for not being smart enough to just not respond to his shitty comment.

13. Dont forget +world class athletes ;)

14. Well, fuck me!
    You and the likes of you never get anything out of smoking. You will always be in your narrow minded hallway.

These forums are empty with understanding, and yet this is the place where the foundation of understanding should be, and the new generations like you I presume make it worse.
    You smoke because you think it's cool. You don't smoke to gain something, you just smoke. Further...you are a fanboy. "Please don't even try to blame marijuana ..." - every fanboy starts his sentences like this. Then later on you talk about ignorance, yet, it's all you have.

I fucking hate it, and it goes like this:

1.You don't know shit about life.
    2. You don't know shit about harder drugs.
    3! You DO NOT UNDERSTAND marijuana, and the lifestyle behind it. It's not for you dude. When you say things like
    - obviously you are one of those who did not get the fucking picture just yet.

FUCK IT. I'm not here for educational purposes...

15. Dude I get what your saying i've had the same thoughts passed like months.For some odd reason I smoke and I just get paranoid now I miss enjoying the herb like I once did.

16. OP do you have any control over the sort of weed you get? It could be stuff that's harvested too early for your desire (too much THC, not enough CBD/CBN).

Have you tried really just only smoking a tiny bit at a time?

17. Right? I kinda feel like its not impossible to get back to that state of being, but the paranoia is really hard to deal with, so it makes it very difficult to have a sense of control.

How did it result for you though, have u been able to start smoking normally again or do you just avoid smoking completely now? and did anything happen in ur life that made it change the way it did with me?

18. I'm sorry but if you knew anything you would know that Joey Diaz was not the one who coined this phrase, it's from Check Yo Self a song by Ice Cube.

19. No, no control over what weed i get. Honestly never knew about CBD until i posted here... though i've done a lot of research about weed in general. interesting, but I don't think its the contents that make all the difference... more so having the right perception, optimism, and good company. If i smoke alone, its a very weird feeling that I feel like I don't exist. Once I called my friend, it was a little better - felt connected to the world again, but just paranoid.

20. I was having the same problem. I started becoming paranoid about everything.. felt like I was going crazy!