Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking gives me a headache?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Katlover93, Oct 22, 2018.

1. so my dilemma: I have started using cannabis for depression after too many failed medications. And it helps the depression a bit. However, smoking gives me a headache. Vaping doesn’t help my depression at all, I don’t feel anything when I vape. I don’t know if it’s the vaporizer I have (v2 pro dry herb vaporizer) or what but yeah it does nothing even when I use more weed than I use when I smoke a bowl.

I can’t use edibles because they aren’t sold in my state yet and can’t make my own due to the smell. Is there any way I can stop getting a headache? I really don’t want to waste all this flower I bought ($80 worth which is a lot when I’m on a fixed income!) so I’m not wanting to buy anything new like tinctures yet unless I absolutely cannot use the flower.
    The headache is pretty unbearable, which is not helpful when I’m using weed so I’m less depressed and can get things done, then I just can’t get things done because I’ve got a killer headache.

Pls help??

2. Have you tried different smoking methods? Not just a bowl, bong, J, etc but like taking one really big hit vs several small ones. Maybe could help. Different strains might work better too.

3. Doesn’t help. I tried that, aleve, Tylenol, excedrin. None of it works when I’m not high either though so I’m not surprised

4. I have tried 6 different strains and get a headache with all of them :( have not tried different ways of smoking/inhaling though

5. Yeah bro, it sounds like you might have an underlying medical issue you need to address if you haven't already. Do it so you can actually enjoy a nice toke.

6. I’ve seen a neurologist and didn’t have anything wrong that they could find so I dunno I think I’m just broken cause meds of all kinds don’t work for me

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. So?

It took me two plus years of constantly booking appointments to all kinds of different doctors including a neurologist for an answer to my severe lower back problem before I found a solution. Expensive as fuck, but it had to be done for my well being because I couldn't bend my back whatsoever.

8. After my pretty serious concussion, I would get headaches after I smoked. I used to think it was because of the increase in blood pressure after using. I'm saying this because maybe there is something else wrong and that maybe you should address it. It could be related to your depression as well.
    Also, you should be trying CBD instead of THC.

9. I tried cbd for months with no effect so I gave up on that by itself. Some of the strains I use are 2CBD:1THC and some no cbd at all. Either way hurts my head though

10. So? So I don’t really see a point in wasting money (I’m not saying it was a waste for you, but it would be for me) to go to a million different doctors because smoking weed gives me a headache when I’ve already been told nothing is wrong with me and I’ve had a million tests and mris and medications the past 4 years

11. You need to make your own edibles. Get a Lyft.

12. I have that issue as well. A vaporizer does help all though I still think regardless of talking what’s more healthy or better words the least toxic smoking beats vapor 100% for certain conditions. I know with me treating chronic pain there is no vaporizer that can beat a bong. Anyways, smoking tends to give me a headache so doesn’t my vaporizer though with specific strains.
    Just an example if a few that give me a headache some a massive headache and that is what some do:

Harlequin is brutal
    ACDC
    Holy grail kush
    Blackberry kush is brutal

A vaporizer will help but some strains just naturally cause headaches usually when you come back down. Not everyone may experience but some strains it’s just a sidebar effect as common as dry mouth

13. could u be allergic to THC ?
    id try cbd