Smoking Ghetto Bongs

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by D3NIAL, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I've sadly never owned a piece of my own in my blazing career, so I usually end up constructing a ghetto bong as my method to burn. So my question is what are the health risks to using these, ive been hitting them just about everyday.

These are the mats i use:

BIC Pen
    Plastic Bottle
    Tin Foil

I always notice after a session that the bic becomes brown on the inside of the tube, I don't know if this is from the smoke or from burning plastic.

I haven't ever bought a piece because ive been content with the fat milks the ghettos provide. : )

2. Ghettos are the cheap alternative, but burnin plastic and foil both give off chemicals which are unhealthy. Ive heard the foil could lead to alzheimers

3. the brown shit is probably resin, but still thats nasty as fuck for you're lungs. tinfoil is fuckin shitty for you're lungs too, pieces of it melt off and and go in ur lungs

4. Inhaling heavy metals is detrimental to your health. That tin foil, since it is made of aluminum, may increase the likelihood that you get Alzheimer's. Just buy a cheap bong if you are short on cash. 20-30 dollars is only a couple hours of work.

5. I would prolly go out and get an actual smoking device. burning plastic is never a good idea, and the other stuff prolly ain't too good either.

6. #6 jhchawk, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    `

7. i dont use the tinfoil, but i do use a bic tube

8. This whole tin foil is alright argument that seems to be going on all the time is getting lame.

The point is theres better things you can use (such as a clean socket with a pipe screen), Or another metal cone shaped piece. It might take some time to find a good socket of the right size, but the time you save by not having to replace the tinfoil makes up for it.

If you're going to make a homemade one, I suggest using a glass jar and making 2 holes in the lid, putting a piece of garden hose for the downstem, then a longer one for the inhaling. It lasts ALOT longer than a bottle, and works alot better if you do it right. ;)

9. :bongin:I smoke ghetto bongs because I cant order online and no headshops I know of in my town but try to use sockets and stuff like that 10x better for you and wont heat up as bad as tinfoil therefore less plastic. P.S. tinfoil alone in my opinion is harmless as long as you dont heat it too much.

:bongin: