Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking gets you much higher than vaporizing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Canadian Bud, May 10, 2011.

1. I like hitting them both, at the same time.....my favorite.

• Like Like x 1

2. I haven't forgot.
    Personally I just think you need to get a "real" vape and see how much better it is than the (admittedly good for stealth and "ok" introductory vape) mflb.

Smoking has a cap, eventually you get to a point you're just going to remain at and get sleepy I find, there's no such cap with vaping.

But hey, each to their own - I wouldn't suggest smoking as it's a backwards step...but if you're gonna do it, you're gonna do it.

I am "that dedicated" and I can agree that this is the case.

3. [quote name='"Canadian Bud"']Ok, so here it goes. I used to smoke out of a small glass bowl for a couple of months but decided it was bad for my health. I switched over to vaporizing and purchased an MFLB. Man did I ever fall in love with the little thing, and I've been using it ever since. However, I went out and smoked with my buddy yesterday and the high just felt so much stronger. Everything felt like a movie and I was completely gone. If I think back to vaporizing it seemed that even after vaping large amounts I still was manageable and didn't really feel that high. After maybe 30 minutes I usually already have passed the peak and feel as if I am coming down. By 45 minutes the high is almost completely gone and it felt like a waste of time. With smoking the high lasts much much longer and you can feel it strong the whole way through.

My message to everyone that has been vaporizing for a while I suggest you take maybe a week off the herb and get blasted by smoking a fat bowl. I think that over time people who vape forget what really being high is like and should probably try smoking a little more just to get the full effect.[/quote]

Research derealization and depersonalization. I would recommend the rest of you do the same. I'm seeing an increase of it on these forums.

4. Yep he's right...that's why vaporizing gets you high as fuck cus it has no cap

5. Get a volcano and your mind will be changed lol

• Like Like x 1

6. That's where it's at, and I'm there......hmmmmm.

7. I can smoke a gram joint or rip a bong bowl and have a pleasant buzz, but if I vape a bowl of some quality bud, I get quite stoned.

Then again I have a SSV and vape through my inline bubbler, it makes me a happy camper. :)

EDIT: Also, my throat and chest tend to get a little sore after a few bowls/joints, unlike with my SSV, with which I could literally vape all day.

8. It's not you are less high, it's just a different high

With combustion you burn everything

With vaporizor it's just thc

9. Anyone know what temp my vape is supposed to be set at? It is not the nicest but will do the job for now. It is a VP 160. I am not a noob just never used one of these and it doesn't have a temp mentioned. Pic included

Attached Files:

10. Well your first problem is the MFLB is shitty, a real vape will get you MUCH higher, but you're right in that you get a much STRONGER stone by smoking, in that it will hit you much more in your body than vaping would.

11. vaporize, then smoke, best way!

12. I would almost say you can't compare vaping to smoking.

They are two completely different highs. I quit for about 1.5 months and bought an MFLB and only used that for a week. I got very, very high and it was nothing like I had remembered before. I always heard it's a lot more cerebral or "head" high. I would say that is absolutely true and if you haven't vaped but have had edibles, I'd say it's on the opposite end of the spectrum (brownies being "body" high or stoned feeling, smoking in the middle and vaping being the head high or "high" feeling).

However, I bought a new really nice Hoss bong and started using that and just got absolutely smashed. Even just a small pipe I was getting very ripped, even though I had been vaping every day. So I stopped vaping and just smoked for about 2 months, and just a few days ago decided to hit the vape and BAM, much higher than I had expected.....

So I would say that smoking and vaping both get you very high, it's just a matter of what you are used to feeling.

13. I have both a vape (No2 series) and many glass pieces (25" bong, bubbler, bowls, ect.) and I have to agree that the highs are just different. I smoked my vape on the daily for about 3 months. And yeah I got VERY ripped every time. Now I'm home and still smoke every day, but haven't hit a vape. It's been 3 weeks now and I deffinetly get a heavy body high from smoking. The high is very heavy. I hit my vaporizer after this period and realized that I got just as stoned. The feeling is much more of a mental or head high though. But definitely just as retarded. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  14. What if you smoke both at the same time? Like one after another? I've never vaped haha.

15. You judge all vaping using a MFLB? Try an extreme or a volcano and tell us your opinion then. The iolite was pretty meh for me, but the Extreme CONVERTED me, lol.

And if you like smoky hits put the temperature up.

16. I've read most of the posts in this thread, and I've got to say that I agree to everyone saying that its a different high. I've been vaping lately, and I get high, but not stoned. I never really thought of it, but it's totally logic that you get a more cerebral high from vaping, rather than feeling stoned from smoking a fat bowl or joint.

The only downside to this in my opinion is that I feel sober more quickly.

17. The problem that i see constantly with people and their hating on vapes is as simple as not holding the hit in that long. Hold that shit in for 30-40 seconds and not just as long as you would for smoking. I hold mine in for 45 and by the third hit i'm figuing out if my shadow moves in unison with my body. If you holding it in for 10 seconds or less i think that could be your problem it takes vapor longer than smoke i believe to penetrate. Another problem that is always pointed out is the temperature guage. I don't know how the mflb works or anthing but on desktop units, as is said thousands of times on the internet, go by the dial and not the temp. I have a vape that if you turn it all the way up it goes to 440 and if done again it will go to 430 or something different. When you vape i think a lot of you start off the session by comparison with smoking and that causes you to sit and think "am i high" and all those things and you think too much about it. Take the break like randomthougts said. You need to play around with it for a month atleast and try different shit. If you are more a fan of cbd and shit then turn that shit up to a thick vapor and have at it.

• Like Like x 1

18. I find the high is a lot more of a gradual come down than smoking

19. Yeah, I definitely agree. As well as you don't crash the same way as coming down from smoking...

It's great IMO, if you want to be functioning during the day, as I feel high, but not unable to do stuff. During the night, I feel like smoking more, as I want to relax and eventually fall asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arizer solo got me to quit smoking AND quit using my shitty mflb