Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking for years, recent anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by vapelover001142, Apr 27, 2015.

1. So, I have been your typical pot lover for about 5 years now. Back when I was a bit younger I would always smoke to reach my peak and would have a great time no matter what. Recently however I have been getting symptoms of anxiety. Mostly when in groups of people, and for some reason when I play video games it helps ease my mind (distraction?). I don't really have pre existing anxiety while sober, just buzzed. And I believe the biggest part of my anxiety is feeling my heart race, and worrying about my heart rate. I know pot is not dangerous in that manor and I won't die, but sometimes I wonder what I can do to help this. I've noticed now that I don't smoke much, if I do continue to smoke all night, I eventually get such a strong effect that any racing thoughts or feelings tend to wind down into a lackadaisical state of mind, which is my goal with it in general. I'd like to hear from some other people with experience, advice and other knowledge surrounding this matter. Also, I believe I may be better of with extracts such as ice wax, and high cbd strains, which isn't really an option as I don't live in a rec. area with easy access to a variety of strains. Thanks for reading guys, and I appreciate any knowledge you have to share

Sent from my iPhone usi

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    time for an extended break

get your mind right

i took a break in my teens due to this same issue, got my mind right, got in a good place with myself.

took a few years off, i actually had no intention of smoking again, then i did and been smoking again ever since with no issues

it's all mental. weed is not a necessity, it's a privilege

3. I rarely feel any sort of anxiety.  

I mean, sure, I feel a bit when there is the potential for conversation/confrontation that I'm not up for at the moment.  (cops around the neighborhood, in-laws dropping in, douchebag friends I'd rather close the blinds on, etc.)

Maybe stop smoking for a while, as TheAnswer suggested.

4. Yeah this

I smoked for about 5 years almost daily, started getting mad anxiety and quit a few months ago (I'm 24 now). I plan on going back in the future after I fix myself.

[​IMG]

5. It sometimes can be hard to pin point what triggers anxiety or panic attacks.  Mine started just a little bit then the more I thought about it the worse it got.  I agree with the others, take a break.  When you start back maybe change your routine also.  Listen to music and concentrate on that, start a fire in a pit outside or look at the stars since it is getting warmer.  

6. If you are able to find it, try some "High CBD" cannabis. It won't get you quite as high, but it won't jangle your nerves, either!

Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by delta 9-THC in normal subjects.          (abst – 1982)        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6285406

"It was verified that CBD blocks the anxiety provoked by delta 9-THC".    

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment.        (full  â€“ 2012)       http://jop.sagepub.com/content/27/1/19.long

Hope that helps!

Granny

7. Thanks for the advice everyone. My local headshop sells CBD and I was thinking maybe j get some and that, if anything I bet it'd work as a placebo even more than it actually works. Anxiety is so annoying and I know it's a mental issue because if I'm drunk I can smoke all I want without any anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone usi

8. Marijuana causes anxiety? Welcome to Reefer Madness!

The first three or four times I smoked, I felt absolutely great, no problems. After that, I went through a long period of getting paranoid when I indulged.

I figure it's part and parcel of the herb. It stimulates certain parts of the brain and one of those parts deals with the anxiety response.

Do you ever feel like you're losing control? I love that feeling. Because when you conquer that fear and move forward, you have grown.

Lately, I will feel some anxiety in the first 20 minutes or so of using. And the funny thing is, a few seconds later I will feel almost ecstatic.

When you get high, expect to feel "different". That's not necessarily better or worse, it's just "different".