Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking everyday becoming a habit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tehblazin, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Hey I'm new to the forums just got a quick question !

So for the past 45+ ish days I've been smoking. I'm not addicted (I don't think so), but I'm aware that it has become a habit. I don't mind not smoking, but I have access to bud 24/7 and my parents are fine with me smoking so I see no reason not to.

I don't feel like I need to smoke everyday, but I want to smoke. I'm not even doing it to get high, it's just a way for me to relax and think. Is it bad that I want to smoke all the time ? Or should I just continue doing it but limit the amount I smoke each day?

Currently I have been taking bong chops every time I smoke since I lost a piece for my da vinci. 

• Like Like x 1
  2. I feel you man, I don't really smoke for the high lol I just like relaxing with my bong milking it up. I smoked for 2 years multiple times a day and quit for a month.. I experienced sleep problems and thinking about smoking but ater a few weeks I was cool. I currently blaze everyday again but I don't see a reason that would make me craving it if I did quit...

Long story short, don't be lazy and when you think you're overdoing it, you probably are.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I've been smoking every day for a while now, and when i stop it sucks not smoking the first day or two (problems sleeping, pissy, things like that) but after that i don't even think about it. As long as you don't mind going through a couple sucky days if you stop smoking, then you should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey as long as smoking isn't getting in the way of things i don't see a reason not to. It's the same reason i like drinking, i don't care about being drunk, i like the taste and i just do it to relax and unwind. If you always have access to bud, i'd say smoke as much as you want man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for all the replies ! I'll probably continue my usage but I'm going to cut down how much I do per day.

It isn't getting in the way of anything really. I have no reason not to smoke, and from the looks of it there are many people who smoke daily for both recreational and medical use. I exaggerated the 24/7 access, but nearly every time I want some I can get some depending on the time and my wallet which is probably the case for most smokers

6. Nothing is worse than having to break. At least for me I have at least two or three days a month where I can't afford it and I lose my shit lol I won't lie. I rely on this plant for quality of life

7. #7 PumPum420, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

• Like Like x 1
  8. As long as you can support yourself in life you could smoke as much as you want.(less harmful then alcohol in my experience, so why not)  But make sure you parents aren't babying you through life, they aren't always going to be there for you and they will be affected by your choices.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moderation. That is the key, pace yourself, only smoke when you feel you REALLY need to and deserve to. Just learn to have better self control - that can be very rewarding in itself.

I only smoke a few nights a week and I feel even that may be overdoing it a bit. It's much better as you appreciate the high more, plus you have no issues with tolerance. I just look forward to the night I do smoke knowing I can get BAKED AS FUCK hahaha

Sent from Space on board the Galactic Bluntship

• Like Like x 2
  10. That's how I started, then once you get a year in its hard to break the habit. Gota change environments to change the habbit

11. #11 tehblazin, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    I know what you mean about the parents thing. I don't start working till March and from then on I'm on my own. I'm also working becoming a music producer which is working out really well and is something they don't agree with. I may smoke nearly everyday but I don't let it come in the way of my goals and what needs to get done with my life.

^ Exactly the way I should have explained it, it's just a normal part of my everyday life.

word, funny cause I always preach moderation but from the looks of it I've gone against what I have said. But with that being said I don't enjoy getting baked as fuck really. I like the light daily smoking where my tolerance is at a good level from having a couple bowls. I'll have a nice high, but still be able to have an in depth conversation and do productive things I wouldn't normally do.

I'm productive when I'm not baked (sometimes...), but once I'm baked I usually talk myself into getting everything done and I find I don't get distracted as easily. 

^ Whenever I need to take a break I'm most likely just going to give my parents my bong & stuff so I won't be able to use it, it seems like the best option for when I really notice I'm going overboard.

And a lot of people are right, I could be doing worse things to my body then smoking everyday. Better this than a cigarette everyday, but poppers are nice every now and again haha 

• Like Like x 1
  12. That seems legit. I lived with a dozen stoners so that wasn't an option for me haha.

haha I know what that's like. The university I went to was full of stoners (It seemed like more people blazed than drank), living on campus with people who love cannabis as much as you do makes it hard not to smoke

14. word, funny cause I always preach moderation but from the looks of it I've gone against what I have said. But with that being said I don't enjoy getting baked as fuck really. I like the light daily smoking where my tolerance is at a good level from having a couple bowls. I'll have a nice high, but still be able to have an in depth conversation and do productive things I wouldn't normally do.

I'm productive when I'm not baked (sometimes...), but once I'm baked I usually talk myself into getting everything done and I find I don't get distracted as easily.

Yeah man I feel you, to be honest it's your life to do what you want. Like you said, it's not fun to get baked as fuck when you are with people or have shit to do, but that's why I love to smoke when I am doing nothing or at night time.

With the amount weed can cost and if you (or I) smoke everyday, unless you grow can be so expensive and unsustainable. I look forward to summer when i just grow my own :D

Sent from Space on board the Galactic Bluntship

15. Maybe just cut down a little bit on your smoking like for an example if you smoke 3 times a day cut it back to 2 times a day

16. It's funny im more motavated when im medicated than when im not

I cut it down a lot recently, currently taking 1-2 bowls a day that's it. Probably going to do less than that once I order the replacement parts for my vaporizer

• Like Like x 1