Smoking every day. Is it really that bad?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Vesna, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Sound retarded. Blaze all day everyday , Fuck bitches get money.

2. I smoke every day, in the evenings after work only... Weekends are fair game, I usually stay high all day unless I have something going on that I don't want to be high for. 

LMAO....what he^ said. 

4. If you have your priorities set straight and you get your important things done first go ahead and blaze it up IMO

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. Indeed lmao

6. I told my mom I smoke pot awhile ago and only her. Said it's for anxiety. And truthfully is. Few weeks later I hear my family saying I'm doing pills and dealing drugs...I come from a very very close minded family. My dad's side never had internet and to this day my dad thinks it's the devil. Not literally but oh so literal. He's almost 50. I work, go to a trade school and I smoke weed. That is all!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. Man I smoke every night. It helps me eat (I'm trying to gain weight), sleep, and it relieves stress.  It's not negatively effective my life. I still have motivation and I'm happy. Why the fuck not?  :smoke:

8. #28 Underachiever, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    I would say you can smoke how much you want if:
    - you can afford it
    - you are still getting your shit done (school, college, work)
    -it doesn't affect your social life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. What I find really awesome is that the conversation thread here is logical and mostly without any dishonesty or animosity for others. This brings me to something else. I'm 39 and just recently began smoking for many reasons. What I've noticed thus far is that the VAST majority of people I interact with in the marijuana community, whether other smokers, people who work at the head shops or the internet version of the weed community, are interested in feeling good, looking for the truth, and helping others. When people back in the day discussed the widespread use of cannabis as having the ability to change the world, they may have been right.

Rev. William Benjamin Jäger
    Ordained Dudeist Priest

10. I think that when people say it makes your brain go bad, that maybe your just neglecting other supplemental chemicals for your brains health? Cause marijuana does release L-Dopa and Seratonin sooo maybe the body needs deeper REM to re boost those chemicals.... Or you need more vitamin D... On and on. But not that smoking every day does that.

Also once you reach a certain point smoking a bowl isn't even "getting high" but ripping the hash and 710 is getting high, so in that case smoking all day gets much easier because you can smoke budz on the run but cozie into your rig at home to get truly high, if you can pick up what I'm putting down aha.

11. Something I have to say.. I have smoked almost every day for the past 3 years. Usually when I blaze, I do it in the late evening, or at night because I have school and work and other things going on during the day. This means that I have been going to sleep stoned for the past 3 years. No significant problems. One thing I did notice though, is that when I woke up the next morning, I did not remember any dreams that I had while sleeping. I have been on a tbreak for about 10 days now for personal reasons, and since I began having more real-like dreams and I can actually remember what I dream about the next morning. I find this very interesting and I wonder if there is any further research about this. Has this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, smoking before bed does effect your sleep pattern. It disrupts the segment of sleep in which dreams are produced, or so they say. I've had a similar experience. Yet I can still dream/remember my dreams from time to time. Try smoking 3/4 hours before you go to bed, so you don't fall asleep intoxicated and better your chance of having a good dream.

13. Smoke all you want, man. Just don't waste your life glued to the couch with a bong in your hand. There's so much more to this world than adult swim.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. I smoke everyday and the only thing I'm sort of worried about is my lungs. I mean I don't notice anything bad it's just any type of smoke to the lungs deff isn't healthy.

But people have smoked cigs their whole life and live til 80 so I think I'll be a okay.

15.   they live yes, but the quality of life is sub-par. talk to any 80 year old who smokes/have been smoking all their lives and I doubt they will say they are happy.

16. I'm just about to get off probation it's been 6 months and just 7 more days I'll be able to smoke again :) :) :) I used to smoke everyday and it kind of lost its luster when you do it everyday it becomes normal so now I'm going to start only vaping on the weekends (just bought a DBV)( I think I'm going to marry it) marijuana has a half life of 4 days so after 4 days your tolerance level drops by 50% :O so advice to everybody to only smoke fri-sun or at least thursnight-sun if your doing it recreationally. You can't feel the ups if you don't experience the downs. And the high will be worth it.

17. Only way I can function is to smoke every day

18. And the reason I say this is because I failed out of college because all I cared about was pot but now that I'm going to keep it to the weekends I'll be studying hard and become a good programmer/stoner :p I got a second chance at college now. Weed is my passion.

19. Function as in you use it for medicinal purpose or are you yankin my chain?

20. It's not about being a harmful substance. Nobody cares that you're smoking weed everyday. It's that you're getting high every day. A lot of people feel the same way about daily alcohol consumption. Being intoxicated everyday, to some people seems like a bad thing. That's just how it is.