Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Etiquette

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kushistofkush, May 10, 2011.

1. fuck the search button man. it's better to make a new thread than revive and old one because there's just a bunch of old bullshit in those.

2. Thank you. These are not hard and fast rules, they are merely etiquette. Having them really contributes to the culture of our hobby.

As for me, you always pass to the left. Don't sit there and let the cherry burn, and the owner of the bud gets the right to greens, but it is considered polite to let somebody else take greens just to be nice.:smoke::smoke::smoke:

3. hahaha funny as shit but i agree. why is it called rules i thought it was being polite

4. ...Its not...

5. It was, but OP doesn't have a shitload of posts and rep so it was moved :rolleyes:

6. Uhh.. is that a blunt or a turd?

7. I don't like a lot of rules cause i think its slightly childish but some rules are great to have especially with younger tokers that dont know about smoking rotation and shit. I dont really like smoking with a bunch of people usually its just me and my girlfriend or us and a friend, when its a lot of us we usually have our own pieces and our own weed. The only rules i have are about my volcano. its mine, it was very expensive, and no you can't touch it or fill up a bag from it. also your not allowed to be smoking a joint/blunt/cig while your hitting the bag because i've had to replace dozens of bags cause of people burning holes in it. (volcano bags are like $10, but i oven bags that cost a 10th of that.) Oh and when your done using my bong you need to put new water in it and put it back where it belongs so no one knocks it over and breaks it.

8. Frankly, if you're looking for a basic guide on smoking etiquette, i would suggest this nice little article on Erowid :D
    I stick to some rules in my circles. When we are cruising, the passenger is always the first to light, no matter who rolled or who's weed, and the driver is the second person to hit it IF the road is clear, and there isn't any major turns or other things that would require the drivers full attention. (Don't want to get in accidents :D)

9. nah, it's because he started a newbie topic in seasoned tokers.

there are plenty of threads in there started by people with little reps and post count.

not sure if you ever smoked weed with adults.. but once high school is over, you usually don't get yelled at for not cornering bowls or calling neighbor (whatever that means)..

you just smoke weed.. and get high.. that's about it.

10. Don't poke anyone in the eye when you pass the joint. That's about it.

11. Dont microphone. (holding the blunt/joint and talking without hitting it or passing)

12. Rollers rights. Whoever rolled it, lights it and gets it burning good (or in other words, the roller get a few more tokes at the beginning of the joint)

Pass to the left. The amount of arguing that goes on (lighthearted of course) is sometimes ridiculous. LEFT>LEFT>LEFT>LEFT>LEFT>LEFT>

Travelling. If you've made it clear to the next person in line that the joint is ready, but s/he's too baked to notice, you can have a few extra tokes until the realize.

Other than that we're pretty laid back when it comes to smoking, there's never any serious issues when we smoke. Unless someone is taking it to the extreme, in which case it's open season on "your mum" jokes.

13. We rotate 1's 2's 3's 4's etc. every spliff/pipe/bowl.

and when it's a 3 or 4 toke pass that's what it is.

14. #34 Ashdown, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    It's pass the Duchess to the left hand side where I'm from.

Also, don't Duck Arse the joint.

15. What's the logic behind passing to the left?

16. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvnpYNYoFvw"]Cypress Hill - Can I Get a Hit?[/ame]

lol true?

17. 1. Rollers rights
    2. No duck arse
    3. CLEAR THE CONE AND CHAMBER (one cone each passing to the left)
    4. Share a sip of your drink (dry mouth sucks)
    5. If you have munchies share some, but not all (hey you paid for it, but other people are hungry!)
    6. pass the lighter on with the bong/pipe

theres a few more i practice but having trouble remembering, second nature for me now

18. 1. Corner it, obviously. Torchers get skipped the next round.
    2. Don't spill. Try to be careful, at least.
    3. Match your partner when packing.
    4. Food for all.
    5. Pass the shit. Everyone hates the person who holds the bong/joint/etc and doesn't pass it.
    6. Whoever finishes the bowl, cleans it.
    7. Of course any other common courtesy I guess.

Sounds like a lot but not really. We just know them and do them.

19. Sorry but I'm not sharing my drink with anyone. Bring your own.

20. The above +
    7. Don't pack the other person's cone
    8. Choppers choice
    9. No smoking ciggies during mix..