Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Etiquette

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deepthree, May 3, 2014.

1. What are some things every stoner should know and do when smoking in a group? Basically the do's and don'ts of smoking

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Just a few quick ones :p

Very common tradition: Puff, Puff, Pass to the left.
    Not everybody passes to the left, some people don't give any fucks, but I'm just lettin' ya know the most common way.

Also in personal experience, try your hardest not to smoke too much and green out. If you're with good friends and you're throwing up or anything, they'll try to console you, but it definitely is a hassle, and can be avoided by not going passed your limit!

3. #3 T-o-W-e-R, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    Try to contribute
    For js: don't slobber on it, knock ash off before handing it off, puffpuffpass
    For pieces: announce when a bowl may be cashed and be liable for your fuck ups if you break something, don't camp/babysit/bogart with the piece
    Relinquish the lighter and hempwick when done using it
    Be mindful when you exhale and where you blow your smoke

4. The one that I don't like is when someone holds onto the joint/blunt for days and just keeps talking. Not only is no one else able to hit it but if it's windy outside, the joint/blunt goes out and then we have to keep re-lighting it. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't
    - talk too much when you're having the j/b/piece, pass that shit
    - slobber
    - break pieces (you break it you buy it)
    - always get people to smoke you out when you dont match or bring shit

Do
    - have a good time
    - puff, puff, pass
    - bring papers / blunt wraps / food if the person is smoking you out
    - clean up after grinding, smoking, etc
    - be respectful to the host

• Like Like x 2
  6. whoever rolls the blunt gets the first hit. but the whole puff puff pass thing isn't really true like you can hit the blunt more then 2 times before you pass it lol 

7. Then before you know it it's gone cause the first mofo held onto the dam thing like a microphone and it burns away into the air lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  8. Who ever rolls the jay or blunt hits first. Who ever's weed it was gets the next hits.

Also ash the jay if it needs to be ashed. I hate being handed one with a clump o ash ready to fall

9. Don't blow your smoke towards people, not everyone cares but personally when someone blows a hit in my face purposefully or accidentally it gets on my nerves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't be sketchy be cool man, there's no reason to bring any shit with you. Leave any drama at the front door because I promise a bunch of stoned people don't give a fuck what someone did to you unless your one of my close friends.

I Smoke weed 4/20-7 😎

• Like Like x 1
  11. I always make sure to corner the bowl so the others can have their share of the green hit. It sucks to let someone have the first hit, and he ends up torching the entire surface. With bongs in a small group, I prefer to do snaps.

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you're smoking a bowl, remember to pass the lighter. You might laugh at this now but when you're smoking with your dudes you'll keep forgetting and it'll piss you off ahaha

13. corner the bowl!!! hate it when people just roast fresh greens on a shared bowl, so inconsiderate.. and and if your wearing chapstick or lip balm wipe the pipe before you pass it, don't need your second hand lip ointments, you fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  14. Personally my group:
    - Whoever throws in gets first hits, e.g if 3 people throw bud in its the 3 people smoking first, then passed to whoever didn't throw in/match.
    Don't leave smoke in the piece, blow it out before passing, same with ash in the bowl. Couple basic things, etiquette varies though

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

15. I'de take major exception if someone told me that lol.

16. make sure u repay the person who smoked u out with a smoke sesh. 

17. dont N**** lip it

• Like Like x 1
  18. Always pitch on a session

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Ifs usually puff puff pass but if you get a good blunt going in cycle it's cool to say something like "we should do 3's on this" me and my friends have done 4's and 5's on blunts.
    Don't talk while holding the piece/j/blunt,
    Don't cheif on blunts and j's this will make people no longer want to chill with you, unless if you do cheif you be honest about it and skip the next few rotations until everyone is equal with the hits you took.
    That's all I can really say and most important have a good relaxing time.

20. Casual racism at its finest 

• Like Like x 2