Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking etiquette

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Belispeak, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Was smoking with 5-6 friends and one guy says something like "I'm going to put like half of my bud in this spliff" (~1.0g)

Everyone looked at each other as if this friend had done something wrong, I didn't understand the situation, why is something like this frowned upon?

What are some other 'faux pas' or 'rules' when smoking with people where you live?

2. Well a spliff is usually weed + tobacco, so maybe some of you're friends don't like tobacco?

3. Never mix baccy and weed.

4. Smoke and enjoy. You shouldn't need any other rules or etiquette.

5. I don't really understand what their problem was haha 

6. Maybe their were suprised someone would throw in that much? Idk dosen't sound that weird to an outside source. 

And i always throw in bud when i can, keeps everybody happy. 

7. Yeah either they don't like tobacco, don't know what spliff means or were surprised/disappointed in what he threw in. Pick one.

8. Round here we go by "if you pack it, you whack it" in regards to order

9. ^ there's rules to weed???????????

10. No, there shouldn't be, but everyone makes these dumb lists of rules/etiquette with weed for some weird reason.

11. I thought the only rule was relax and enjoy... but that's just Me

12. there's a difference between rules and etiquette. i don't like smoking with people who have zero etiquette.

13. 'greed with Kappa. it tastes like shit and by mixing all those chemicals with weed you damage the potency of the weed when you burn it by adding chemicals during combustion.
    Also, weed is supposed to be enjoyed. as the case is with most people, you have to conserve cause even though bud grows out of the ground, money doesn't and we don't all have a safe place to grow, or the time it takes to care for it, so etiquete is benificial for that. i.e. hitting a joint/blunt with care instead of sucking as hard as you can. it makes it snake and makes a bigger cherry, burning it faster. at the same time, passing to the left is retaded. it's just a way for stoners to make sure they get the first hit. now, there's no way to dispute which way it get's passed, as that should be the supplier's decision. and another thing, it really grinds my gears when someone asks me to smoke them up. just because i'm fortunate enough to have it and I plan ahead to make sure I can have it, doesn't mean i'm open to giving handouts. it's different when I want to be nice to my friends and get them high, which i do quite often. feinds are just pathetic in my opinion. you make yourself look like a bum, and show me that you're not in control of your impulses.
    the only other rule I try to follow and spread around, is that when you smoke with other people, don't try to take the biggest rip you can. if you can't hold the hit in your lungs for 10 seconds, you took too big of a rip, most often than not i see entire hits being wasted on people like this. I do think that weed should be shared, because it brings people together (unless your a bunch of bums, get a job and get your own shit cause you only smoke my weed cause you waste your life smoking it)

14. Yes there is an ettiquette.. For example, the other day, I went to hang out with my friend, and I smoked him out, his roommate came back and so I invited her to join us, and later that day, she asked me if I wanted to smoke again and she matched my bowl. I think that was the first time I've ever been matched a bowl surprisingly. That's ettiquette.
    Anyways, I don't get it either. Actually it seems like a good thing, right? So. Your friends are weird haha

15. puff pass. try not to be a known leecher. never hold the smoking object while talking, enjoy the smoke. after the 2nd puff then you're allowed to do smoke tricks not the first. and do not act big and bad and talk shit because if you're coughing up a lung everyone is gonna laugh at you.

16. No mooches really. Any other "rule" or "etiquitte"(sp?) In this thread i find stupid

17. i don't think everyone in the thread knows what etiquette means. lol