Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking & Dentist Appointment

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Greenwall, Apr 26, 2013.

1. I have an appointment in 4 hours.

Is it okay to smoke with friends up until like an hour before the appointment? I plan to brush teeth meticulously before I go.

It's not a regular checkup, it's a cavity fill-in. A bit worried about the mj after-high messing with anesthesia.

2. You bad boy you

3. Not sure, I wouldn't risk it though

4. Go for it, what's the worst that could happen? I was gonna say you only live once but im not a tool.

5. Go for it and just brush then use mouthwash. Just bring some headphones and zone out during it:metal:

6. You'd probably only get anxious if you're already so worried. And it'll seem like it's taking forever if you're high. Power through it sober, then afterwards get completely baked as it'll calm you down and relieve any pain.

7. i smoked 30 min before the dentist once it sucks make sure to brush really hard then use mouthwash then brush again really hard and use mouthwash once again... They didnt know anything but it sucked cause they put that numbing needle in my mouth and killed my high

8. Don't do it man even though you already had your appointment I posted a thread with this same question and I got so many terrible stories about how weird it felt and it was just uncomfortable ESPECIALLY since you're getting anesthesia

9. you wont feel to good after but thats about it

10. OK I'm back and I'm here to report:

Wasn't a bad experience. By the time I got to the dentists I was starting to come down from my high. Spaced out completely during the fill in and it wasn't bad at all, went by pretty quickly and I can't remember half of it. Anesthesia seemed to have worked, but the dentist said I probably didn't need it anyway(when he asked me whether it hurt after he poked around the area I said no), so maybe that had an effect.

Also I never noticed the numbing aftereffect of the shot, my dentist told me to wait a couple hours before eating so I don't bite myself, but just an hour later I was munching down on a great deli sandwich :)