Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking cotton?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dose-in-a-rose, May 21, 2007.

1. I've been cleaning my pipes and stuff with Q-tips.....and I've been wondering,is it safe to smoke the ends of the q-tips with all the resin on them?

2. yeah sure thats fine, especially if the cotton is covered in ink as well.

seriously tho, are you serious? Google around for a bit, people working in places that manufacture cotton have all types of health / lung problems, and they are not smoking it.

NOT SAFE

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/119/1/33.pdf

People argue you shouldnt even smoke resin, as it is basically tar.

3. duuuude, just tear up your carpet and smoke that. maaaaaaayng.

4. Bro--

I've done it before. It works. It gets you high. It does not taste good. It is not what researchers would call healthy.

5. Im not doubting that it would work. Shit I can steer my car with my feet if I wanted to, it might work, but that don't mean you should do it.

6. ill go with no, and i agree, resin or any bi-product from smoking is most likely gonna do more long term harm than good. just think of all the resin as what mother nature didnt want you to ingest...

i am still strongly in support of emergency resin hits.

7. do not smoke cotton...

thats what uncle sam says

8. Yeah it is a viable high to smoke the cotton off of q-tips. However its a bad taste and is s totally unhealthy way too get high.

9. Have you ever heard of union troops burning bails of confederate cotton? Thick black smoke billows out and is worse then say tobacco.

10. he wasn't referring to you, if you are going to list a completely irrelevant example might want to use correct grammar

why the need for such sarcasm, you could have just provided the proof and stated it was not clear.

obviously if he wasn't serious he wouldn't of asked the question.

op: you will not die or anything, it is possible to extract the resin off of it

11. You forgot to capitalize your letter, your period and your second comma, grammar police.

The need for such sarcasm? The guy is asking if he should smoke cotton. Whats next? Point blank, it aint healthy, and you encouraging him to smoke cotton by saying "he won't die", is crazy.

I can go jump off a 2 story building onto some cement, sure, I won't die, so lets all go do it, right? If you need THC so bad, to even consider smoking the tar stuck to cotton you cleaned from your pipe, then you really need to take a look at yourself. If you don't think thats a problem, then, I respectfully disagree. If he's 15 or something, fine, hes just young and didn't think and no cash, we all been there.

12. and this is why I wanna be your pal. Smart guy, smart guy. very correct. If you need to get high that bad, somethings wrong with your life and you need to take a step back and look at yourself.

I'm actually dry right now. very bored, but instead of smoking pipe tar of which my pipes have lots I'm spending my time cooking a nice meal for me and my girl and then later i'll spend time banging her brains out. you don't need to be high 24/7 bro, take it easy and just wait to score a sack.

13. Wow, i wasn't expecting that, despite our former argument, I am glad we could finally agree on something =)

Cheers :wave:

14. *sigh* yes yes, i know how to use proper capitalization and punctuation too, i have to prove this to you? i only pointed this out because you quoted chip and used an example in a jackass manner imo.

please show me where i said this? i said you will not die....and it is possible to extract the resin off. read my entire post?

lmao.

idk where you base these theories off of that he is underage, he was simply asking a question. no one is a thc fiend here bud, sorry.

overall i stated a lot more information, "it is possible to extract the resin off it" i was not encouraging him to smoke cotton. you failed the acknowledge the rest of my post?

and this is where you were mislead. no one really here stated they were trying to get high really bad, i believe this is a fallacy of some sort, at least logically misleading the argument. some intelligent english person chime in?

edited to add in da sauce post

15. cmon guys, were not 12 here. or maybe we are??

Im sure both wuns, and killer are both fully educated in grammar, no need to squable about it.

I do think it was kind of douche-baggish, to rip on wuns for his sarcasm and poor grammar, especially since you yourself miss use it, its called practicing what you preach.

He was only making an anology saying that just because he can do something doesnt mean he should do it.

so like saddam would say in south park "eehhh relax guy take a break" <--not pointing fingers, intended for everyone

16. yo bro your not the first to do this. i thought my friend josh was the only one haha. he says he got blazed, i think its not a good idea. LMAO

17. what if its keif not resin?

18. Hello 2 year old thread

19. I have your solution my friend. I too thought of this. I usually smoke resin off tin foil( after I prepare it and burn off all the yucky shit from the foil) it works awesome. What I'm talking about is chasing the dragon. If u put the pieces of cotton with resin and chase it with a straw and flame, the resin will evaporate and the cotton might melt a bit but it won't burn. This method is healthier than just smoking the resin and cotton but I only reccomend you do it...not often. Btw I know some Rastafarians who believe in not wasting and using all the herb, so after their chillums get gunked up, they spend some time cleaning their shit out and making "resin balls" as they call it.

20. better point. why the fuck is this in seasoned tokers! seasoned tokers do not smoke the resin off of Q-tips!