Smoking Cannabis linked to depression

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BrewsnWeed666, Feb 14, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Well, I do believe you should wait until older to smoke because your body and brain aren't done developing until 21 and weed is a psychedelic. It's got to make some impact on a brain still growing. We just need to be aware of it so that people can make informed decisions.

Also, weed can bring out pre-existing mental issues...so how many were really already going that direction and weed amplified it?

Idk I'm stoned

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. It leads to a depression alright. A depression in my couch.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I posted the study in the news section earlier. I also contacted one of the lead authors regarding their source of funding. Although we can try to refute the possibility, let's not be like 'the Earth is flat'. It affects many people differently and the link to depression was low, but the one to suicide seemed a lot higher.

edit* and the DailyRag is that exactly btw lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. But the earth is flat tho.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Shit! I'm depressed now!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. lol jonathan, don't scare me, I might not have a hoot!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think because marijuana makes you see things a little differently you just realize the world we have created is way shitter then it could be .. which can lead to depression

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. How many were depressed before? Can they even tell when you "got depression"? There are like billions of other environmental factors and underlying shit it's probably impossible to figure it all out

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. There it is:

*This research was funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the Quebec Network on Suicide, Mood Disorders and Related Disorders.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Needle clinics are great tho

11. Are they saying not having weed can make you depressed?

Because I know when I’m dry I’m far from the happiest camper in the world, if I’m being totally honest.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. My daughter suffers from depression and social anxiety. I started her on a bunch of dif high cbd leaning sativa strains and only two of them helped her get motivated yet she was still depressed. Gotta find the root cause and deal with it weed won’t fix everything but damn it helps the process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. #15 PuffPete, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    It seems to help with my depression too

I mean how would you feel if all the other Big Fish were trying to eat you all Day

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just got back from the doctor .I just told her I haven't had any suicide thoughts in 6 months which happens to be the same amount of time I've had my card and in another 6 months if it keeps up were looking into cutting out some of my sic meds. and see what happens . Don't take it the wrong way one med at a time ,cut it down in half then out it gone for good over time of course.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. So did your doc agree the MJ was helping?
    Great news , You can do this

16. " Taming THC " by Ethan Russo is an article on the depression lifting terpenes D-limonene. check out Taming THC

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think the system of operations where we work for underpaid jobs to barely scrape by is what’s causing the depression. Weed just makes you more aware of it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Here's the link-
    Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. (full - 2011) Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

And here's more info on a second way to fight depression- Omega 3!

Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news - forum repost – 2011)
    Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors (news - 2011)
    Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

Omega 3 is necessary for a healthy endocannabinoid system! A weak endocannabinoid affects your brain function- when too many receptors are defective due to a lack of Omega 3, the "I feel good" messages of your body's own endocannabinoids don't get delivered into your brain cells and you feel depressed.

Also, if you don't take Omega 3, you likely are not getting your optimal high from your cannabis! Those CB1 receptors are what THC activates to create your high! :GettingStoned:

(FYI- I take 2 to 4 grams of Omega 3 per day.)

Granny

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1