Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Cannabis can cause cancer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tofurocks, Dec 28, 2011.

1. theres been studies. they keep track of that shit. there has never been one case linked to smoking only marijuana. Doctors do know what causes the cancer bro. Not to mention the numerous studies disproving that weed causes cancer anyways. Look at Granny's post.

2. this part "However, current knowledge does not suggest that cannabis smoke will have a carcinogenic potential comparable to that resulting from exposure to tobacco smoke."

not comparable, but they still havent proven cannabis smoke does or does not cause cancer. (key word in there being SMOKE, not cannabis, or cannabinoids)

Im not saying smoking weed causes cancer, but im guaranteeing you if you smoked the quantity of weed people who smoke cigs, smoke in tobacco (the average of a pack a day), some very very adverse effects will arise from it, cancer isnt the only issue with smoking, but, then again, cannabinoids fight against it, but, by that logic a cig smoker who also smokes weed shouldnt get cancer, which we know to not be true

3. Im just spitballing here but isn't the reason people get cancer from cigarettes is from the radioactive fertilizers that are used to grow tobacco and most people get cancer from exposure to radioactivity? So unless people are growing weed with non natural products then it might be possibly but unlikely, because if something isn't radioactive, I don't believe you can get cancer from it. Again that could all be my own bullshit

4. Particulate matter is a cause of lung cancer, aka exposure to particulates in the air, smoke contains them. All smoke contains them lol. Also, Nicotine is carcinogenic so even the most natural organic tobacco can cause cancer

either way, inhaling foreign objects cause cause lung cells to die, when cells are forced to repeatedly replace themselves, there can become an issue of it going into over drive, cells are created when they are not needed to be, you then have yourself some cancer/ a tumor

Again, im not saying cannabis WILL cause cancer, no no no.... im saying, just as inhaling dust in long levels of exposure can cause cancer, so can inhaling smoke in repeated exposure... Now cannabinoids MAY fight against cancer, but they dont necessarily prevent it, people who smoke weed get cancer ALL the time, not necessarily from weed, but they get it...

Im just pointing this out because some people like to believe cannabis is a completely harmless substance, sure, if you DONT SMOKE IT it is, but smoke is harmful to the lungs, no matter how you look at it lol

5. I think the fact that no one has gotten cancer from cannabis alone disproves your argument sir.

6. #46 SIRSOG, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011

None of those studies say 100% cannabis can not cause cancer lol

just as there is no study that says tobacco WILL 100% cause cancer

And also just to CLARIFY for what, the 5th time, im not saying IT WILL CAUSE CANCER, im saying inhaling foreign solid particulates (smoke is made of many) can lead to lung cancer... you dont HAVE TO SMOKE cannabis.

7. Even so, I would conclude that there is a very low probability, lol.

Yeah, I know that's true with tobacco. Know people that have been smoking their whole life with no problems.

8. what doesn't cause cancer?

like... tomatos?

9. Low probability i agree thoroughly with that lol

10. this is kinda what im getting at, cancer is fucking random, smoke destroys cells, repeated cell destruction can lead to cancer lol doesnt always though (as ive been saying billions of times)

11. yea, i hear ya.

cancer is one of those things were half the time (or more?) we have no idea what caused it

12. Show me proof and i will believe you.

13. there is no proof to prove either side of the argument... If they did tests on 1 million people and none got it, but 1 person outside of the test did, the whole test is irrelevent

14. I didn't read any of this because your signature said not to

15. Tar itself isn't cancer causing. It's whats in the tar. Right?

16. [quote name='"tofurocks"']I've heard people say that you cannot get cancer from smoking weed, but you are inhaling tar which can cause cancer..
    So unless you're vaporizing, the possibility is still there.
    I don't see any way this couldn't be true..[/quote]

thc itself prevents cancer. so even if there was some miniscule risk from the tar it must be counteracted by the thc, cuz statistics show marijuana use doesn't caude cancer. thc has been shown to cause old cells to die, rather than going rogue and becoming cancerous. also, i'd like to see the facts backing up that any tar can cause cancer.

17. Isn't the tar and chemicals in weed different then tobacco? I've heard it been said that our bodies gets rid of the tar from weed and it doesn't stay in us very long and isn't harmful where tobacco is the opposite and why it causes cancer along with the poisoniness chemicals in tobacco and what they grow with

18. [quote name='"iNuBBiN"']Isn't the tar and chemicals in weed different then tobacco? I've heard it been said that our bodies gets rid of the tar from weed and it doesn't stay in us very long and isn't harmful where tobacco is the opposite and why it causes cancer along with the poisoniness chemicals in tobacco and what they grow with[/quote]

Inhaling anything that doesn't belong in your lungs can cause damage.... damage causes cells to die, constantly repeating such an act can cause cell reproduction to become overactive and faulty, you then have cancer essentially. Cancer isn't like a disease with a specific path to its cause.... its a random cellular situation in which many different things can cause

Do you guys think smoking tobacco is the only cause of lung cancer????? Inhaling carcinogenic tar is one of many ways of getting it....

19. Nope, weed is good for you bro.

Toke up.

20. If you smoke blunts all day everyday yeah but thats the tobaccy not weed really.