Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Bud with a hookah

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by chille, Oct 21, 2012.

1. 2 questions.

1. Is smoking bud with a hookah good? Better than a blunt/joint? Does it last longer? Just wanting to know because I've never tried it and wanted to for a while.

2. Anyone ever blazed then gone and smoked regular hookah? Me and a couple buddies blazed then went to a hookah bar, and that's the only time I've ever been KO'd. Have no idea why but I got fucked up and somehow ended up in my car in the parking lot asleep in the front seat...anyone had an experience like that?

2. Well I smoke everyday and I have a hookah that I just smoke shisha out of just about everyday as well and it's great the small bit of nicotine kinda increases the high a bit

3. My friend smokes hookah a lot, I told him it's fucking disgusting and he should use cannabis instead but he said it wasn't "designed for weed". He's probably right though I think it would waste weed lol

4. Me and my dude use to use his dads monster hookah in his hookah room to smoke tobacco and hash mixed. Good old days.

5. Ive smoked bud out of hookah a few times. It's awesome, you get a ton of smoke and it's fantastic for any kind of smoke tricks :p. Not as efficient as a bong, but very close. Hookah's probably have the smoothest hits Ive taken, most bongs honestly don't even live up to the smoothness of a quality hookah, it feels like you're breathing in nothing. However! They waste quite a bit of bud, because of the constant burning coals on top and obviously you cant coin a hookah bowl. Also, they're a pain to set up if you smoke daily. All and all, awesome social smoking device for every once in a while when you have a lot of spare bud :D

6. Only use them with tobacco

7. It's fun to smoke out of a hookah just for the novelty of smoking out of a hookah. And I always got mad ripped.

You can't just substitute weed for the tobacco though. We did a little MacGyver-ing to get it just right back in our hookah days.

8. I wouldn't

9. Mix weed with som yummy shisha

10. It dirties the hookah, but, yes it does get you high.

11. As long as you pack snappers, I don't see how it would br much different from a bong...

12. hookahs have been used for hundreds of years to smoke hashish. It's harder to really feel high when using the hookah for bud when you mix it with shisha cause you don't get a direct hit. it works but its better seperate i think. You said you passed out after a hookah session? If you don't smoke tobacco regularly then thats probably why

13. ^ There is tobacco-less shisha you can buy, it's mostly all natural shit, but its perfect for putting weed in and tokin'

14. Smoking cannabis out of a hookah would probably be similar to a vaporizer since the "stuff" doesn't actually burn as much as it gets steamed from the charcoal. Unless you're putting a lighter to it, in which case I think you're ruining a perfectly good hookah.

I've smoked cannabis out of a hookah before, I feel like it's too long of a draw with the hoses. I understand the aesthetic appeal, hookahs look turnt up as fuck, but my bowls and bongs require much less effort for usage and cleaning :)

At the end of the day as long as you have fire and cannabis you can smoke out of anything. And I mean ANYTHING!

15. This works most efficiently if you mix your green with the shisha really well before packing the bowl, this helps your herb not burn up as quickly as it normally would and you can smoke it all together at a slower pace. This results it a great high if you're a fan of hookah's and shisha. :smoking:

16. [quote name='"Chicago Sour"']This works most efficiently if you mix your green with the shisha really well before packing the bowl, this helps your herb not burn up as quickly as it normally would and you can smoke it all together at a slower pace. This results it a great high if you're a fan of hookah's and shisha. :smoking:[/quote]

This right here. Its actually best if you mix it and let it sit for 30 mins to an hour so the bud can soak up whatever medium they used as the wetting agent (honey or otherwise).

The idea of a hookah isn't to burn things hehehe

17. One word: HASH MOTHERFUCKER (Okay, maybe two) ((Or four depending on if you count "one word")) (((Or a lot more if...oh nevermind))) :smoking:

18. [quote name='"Tree Of Life"']One word: HASH MOTHERFUCKER (Okay, maybe two) ((Or four depending on if you count "one word")) (((Or a lot more if...oh nevermind))) :smoking:[/quote]

Hash is the optimal choice hahahaha

19. Personally, I like smoking bud out of a hookah, it's a really nice head high and you don't have to smoke much to get you going. BUT....the downside is that once you smoke weed out of a hookah, that hookah can only ever have weed smoked out of it after that. Because no matter how much you clean it, it will ALWAYS taste like weed and resin. So, my advice to you.......have a hookah meant for bud and only bud and you'll be golden. I wish I'd known it before I'd ruined my $200 hookah.

20. ... my hookah doesnt smell like anything....

because i clean it after every use lol and i replace the hoses as they are supposed to be.... every 6 months ish