smoking bud illegal?

Discussion in 'General' started by easy rider, Jan 17, 2004.

1. i kno if u r caught with bud or perphinlia that u can be arrested and charged and all that.

but my question is is it illegal to have smoked pot in the past
    ..or to be high at all even if u dont have nething on u?

2. Well im pretty sure you cant be prosecuted for being high, cause its not like you got any on you or anything, but I'm really not sure....

3. It kind of depends.

If you do get charged with possesion because it's in your system.. it will hold up in court. Quite some bullshit, wouldn't you say?

4. really? that sucks

well thanks

5. If the law has probable cause.. (they make that up as they go along) and they test you, and you come up positive, they can use it against you in court...

The same goes for alcohol.. They can smell it and use it against you even though you have nothing in your posesstion that shows you've been drinking!!!1

6. You can't get arrested for having smoked pot in the past, unless they have other evidence. Otherwise, for all they know you could have quit.

7. If you are talking about what I said, let me explain a little more..

If they pull you over or catch you out and they smell pot on you, they can arrest you for being under the influence.. I opologise fornot being more clear~~

8. nah I didn't read the whole thread, just what easyrider said first. lazinesss...

9. Thats probable cause and in most states YES!!!!!

They can elect to ignore it, most won't though.. The same with alcohol!

10. thanks for the info budhead

i was just wondering me n my friend were talking about it