Smoking black and milds to wean off tobacco.

Discussion in 'General' started by blkarmphoenix, Jan 4, 2011.

1. So I'm a pack a day cigarette smoker. The last 2 days though, instead of smoking a pack of cigs, I have smoked 1 wine flavored black and mild through the course of the day.

My cravings seem less, and I feel like i'm starting to breathe easier. To anybody who has kicked the butts on here, does this sound like a decent idea? Obviously quitting tobacco with tobacco seems stupid. I just want to know if this COULD help wean me off of the tobacco, or if its just preposterous.

thoughts?

2. It would have to be mental, because both are delivering you nicotine. But I could see that workin. People use nicotine gum to quit cigs. Are you inhaling them?

3. Yeah I inhale. I only smoke about 1/5 of one at a time though. I don't like the idea of using the traditional methods of quitting (gum, patches, etc.) For the simple reason that I swear those big tobacco comapanies are getting some of the money for those nicorette sales somewhere down the line. ("Hey frank, you know what would be cool? Get these morons addicted to tobacco, and then sell em a pack of quit smoking gum under a different name!")

My thoughts on smoking the black and mild were.

A. I wouldnt be smoking as much tobacco (less tobacco = less nicotine) hence where the word wean comes in.

B. I still get the mental satisfaction from the act of smoking.

Also I was under the impression, that as it is pipe tobacco, black and milds don't contain as much nicotine?

4. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I've never smoked a cig but I've smoked a couple black and milds and other cigarillos. How would you compare them? Like, habit forming wise. Because everyone starts cigs because they make it a habit, then get addicted but I can't really see that with cigarillos?? Maybe I'm being dumb haha

5. I have the same question as him. I've always wondered

6. Cigars have more nicotine then cigarettes, have fun trying to quit black and milds

7. I dont know about helping you get off nicotine, but i havent smoked cigarettes on everyday status in a while and every once in a while (especially on a rainy day) i smoke a black and mild and like you i'll put it out and save some for later and usually one black and mild usually lasts me at least a week. Idk man i guess if nothing else you will be saving munny no?

8. I don't know if I would inhale those B&M's just seems like a bad idea..

9. I used to be JUST like you.
    Except I just stopped cold turkey.

I smoked a pack a day for about 2 years then I realized how much weed I could buy with the money I was spending on cigarettes.

My tip for you is:
    Don't go to the store to get your cigarettes.
    Don't ask anybody for a cigarette.
    Don't accept cigarettes from anybody.
    Don't hang out with anybody who smokes for a few days.

Have a goal in mind. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Never say that "This is my last cigarette" Throw that bullshit out the window.

There is no last cigarette anymore!

Then once you've completely lost the habit, go back to the thought process of "I'm never smoking a cigarette again" I've done this and I haven't smoked in months now.

10. I smoke cigs occasionally, dont like them near enough to get addicted, but if i ever did, i think i would give the book "the easy way to quit smoking".

One little excerpt from the book really kind of stuck with me. You only smoke cigarettes because your addicted.

When you get the urge to smoke a cigarette, what is really happening is you are getting withdrawals from the nicotine. When you smoke, it brings you back on a normal level. Most people are on this normal level all of the time, but smokers must smoke to bring themselves back to normal.

I butchered the quote, but the main idea is still there. check it out.

11. If you're trying to lean off tobacco bro, dont smoke B&M, don't they have even MORE nicotine? Regardless whether they do or not, if you can't do it cold turkey, I would suggest at least smoking blunts to ease off... that way you get your herb WITH lesser amounts of nicotine... ?

12. oxymoronic ?

13. And guess who owns Black and Milds? As long as you crave nicotine, you are paying for Philip Morris execs new Ferraris.

Nicorette is made by GSK which is about on par with Philip Morris for evilness.

14. I knew it!

I dunno though, its bout 2 pm and i've only smoke a quarter of a b/m, I'm about to head out to pick up the next stage of my quitting process...

Dum Dums.

15. bump.

I just started really appreciating Black & Milds and been smoking the Royale's.

Are they more harmful to your lungs than cigarettes or what?

16. I would VERY much like a cigarette right now. Boo for being out. :(

17. Me too, I'm quitting (have quit? We'll see how weak I am...). Good luck OP. I've been weaning myself too, pretty ineffectually. I'm stuck at the 3-4 per day mark, and so today I decided I'm done.I may go buy some ganja to vape and help through it all :smoke:

Good luck with the dum-dums and one a day plan, it could work! +vibes

18. so you traded a small filtered cigarette for a HUGE UN-filtered CIGAR?

19. Black and milds are terrible for you.

20. I did this a couple years ago and it is actually what caused me to go buy Commit lozenges. (wasn't a ploy to quit smoking though, rather, I was poor) One or two pull turn into burning more and more, until yuh get to the point your throat is raw from smoking them every day. The shit worse for yuh than ciggs too and I would be kinda scary to know what blacks are actually made of, probably tons of shit you don't want to be inhaling even more than your run of the mill tobacco smoke.