Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before School

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Brillow, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Well I'm a senior in high school, 18 of course :D and I did somewhat of an independent reserch project and the results I got were quite surprising.

So, for the whole last term Jan1-Mar15 I stayed clean, and sober throughout the whole Term. My average unweighted GPA for the term was 3.01

Not to bad, not to good.

Currently, about 4 weeks or so into this term, I smoke every day before and after school, have an unweighted gpa of 3.92 and everything looks like its going to fall right into place.

Why am I more intellectual when im high? More blood to the brain or something? Please comment.

2. if anything being high made you more interested in school, but idk

i used to cheif everyday during highschool and graduated with a 3.0gpa average
    now in college, i dont smoke before classes at all

3. There's a difference between correlation and causation.

4. I went to school high every day after 2nd semester sophomore year, maybe a few days i didnt have herb or something, but i graduated with a 3.8 gpa, Its all about test scores man, i didnt do a fucking page of homework cause i figured, when you have a job you usually work 8-5, so school from 7-3:30 was like the same shit, why should i have to go home and do all that extra bullshit. So i just studied instead of working, for like 15 mins a night, aced tests, passed most classes with high b's a few a's to weigh up my gpa from gym n semantics n easy shit. High school is the easiest shit if you just know the matierial, the extra work tho...thats bullshit

5. Yeah he got it^.

It might be the weed making you more interested in school, but it isn't necessarily, you can't be sure you know?. You might just be more interested anyway because the topics suit you more or because you're just doing better.

Either way, congrats man, it definitely isn't making you worse! :smoking:

6. ^^^this
    but that said
    the ganja has been shown to be good for people with ADD

7. #7 420Spartans, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
    There are a lot of different factors too, high school can have some pretty lax classes. Your first semester could have been all sciences and studies where the next one could be all electives. I'm sure it wasn't, but that wasn't mentioned.

Also I'm just wondering how you've kept your cool while being high for 4 weeks in school. :p

If you are indeed telling the whole truth..

8. Wish i went to your school at my school you couldn't get over a C unless you did homework. And I would know i got A's on every test never did any extra work and graduated with a 2.0

Got A's on all the midterms and finals too

9. thats a bummer man, hw was usually 15-20% of the grade so a's on everything lands you at 85-80 depending. If it was a class where homework weighed more i would do maybe 10% of it to make sure i couldnt drop below

10. Work smarter not harder.

11. Cannabis doesn't make you smarter. If anything consuming smoke causes temporary short term memory problems which would effect your grades negatively. So no cannabis isn't the reason why you are doing better.

The problem with your "research" project is that the experiment you conducted wasn't in a controlled environment. Meaning that the results could be inaccurate due to several other unaccounted factors that you didn't isolate.

12. This.

13. I've done tests high and tests sober and I do better on the ones i'm high. For some reason weed makes me think a lot clearer and better and I pick up on things that I normally wouldn't.

14. when people smoke they think more deeply about things. so when i walk into english 1st period super high, i comprehend all the shit so deeply, so idk it helps when im high but when im sober i dnt remember what i did lol