Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Before Flu Shot?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreeYourSoul, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Today the flu in the United States was announced to be an epidemic. I'm going to get a flu shot, but it's going to be only 1.5 hours after getting high. Is it still a good idea?

2. You'll be fine. As long as it won't make you overly paranoid about the needle or something.

3. You don't need the flu shot. Eat healthy, exercise, stay hydrated and wash your hands like you're supposed to. All this builds your immune system up so you don't get sick. In my opinion of course if you stay healthy there's no sense in getting a flu shot that injects ya with the flu.

4. ^^ this...

why would they offer you free immunity to something they sell 1000s of pills for... shit doesn't add up

5. Flu shots are a joke, on the news they said that theres a strain thats resistant to the shot. Also ive heard of people getting the flu from this . They say it cant cause it but ive heard of people who get a week after the shot. I have never had the flu in my entire life and never had the shot. I swear to god a good immune system stops it. The flu shot is the reason the flu is still around. People have shitty immune systems from never getting sick so when they do get an actual sickness it is devastating.

6. They give you a shot of dead flu viruses which can't get you sick. Smoking won't make a difference.

And to Thomas, the flu is a virus so pills don't do shit to help it.

7. Smoking before getting a flu shot should not make a difference in the effectiveness of the shot.

8. wrong they arent all dead,

9. Come to think of it, the last time I got the flu was in elementary school when they gave out flu shots lol. Fuck the flu shot. It's pointless. It's scary. Who the fuck knows what's getting injected in to you.

If you're sick, sleep it off. Don't take medication, injections, etc. Fuck that.

Sorry, I just really hate the flu shot and the paranoia the news causes in everyone. This is one of those things that sets me off and makes me unexplicably angry.

10. I bet more than half of you think the flu is puking and shitting your brains out, and not the upper respiratory illness it really is.

11. I'm not going to rant about flu shots.
    Being high won't have any negative effects when getting a flu shot. Go ahead and toke.

12. Dont get the flu shot

13. You seem to have missed the point...they sell pills to stop the virus which makes them a shit ton of money since the effect doesn't last forever

so why would they give you something that would make you immune to the virus?... government is all about making money not helping people

14. Good ol gc and the conspiracies! The government doesn't make money of flu shots. And by the way, the government doesn't make medicine. It is pharmaceutical companies making the money and the doctors administering the shots.

15. In that case, I lied in my post above - I haven't had the flu since I can remember. I work in a drug store, everyone sick comes through me - babies in diapers all the way to the old folks (some possibly also in diapers), and everything between.

I haven't received a flu shot (maybe once in my life), and haven't even had the slightest hint of sickness - just my typical fucked up sinus which has been bugging me for years. I really don't think the shot makes a difference.

16. Your mostly right! It is good for young children, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems. All my doctors say that same thing to me. If your in your 20s with good health, your wasting your time getting one and wasting a shot that could have been given to someone who needs it. That's why I always refuse the vaccine.

17. Why would you not get it? What do you have to lose? It takes all of 5 minutes to prevent getting really really sick. Better safe then sorry.

18. To OP, I've had the flu for a week, went away right before Christmas. I had a 103 fever, very tired constantly, and couldn't eat or drink for the first two days at all. After the second day I had to drink slowly, around a cap full of juice every 15 minutes. I was only able to eat around a quarter of a can of soup at a time. Next day I was able to drink and eat moderate amounts. After that I could eat/drink usually, but still had my fever. I only had to take Ibueprofen and it would give me relief for about 6 hours but I wasn't able to take the medicine until every 8 hours.

Wasn't that bad because I got to sleep in my bed about 16 hours a day and miss a whole week of school.