Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before exercise

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joeyhimself1, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sometimes I can have a joint and feel pretty active only a few minutes later and may train. I don't do any sports while high just warm ups and shadow fighting (practasing punches/kicks) but I've heard this can lead to injury.

2. I blaze before going to the gym all the time, it actually helps which is surprising or maybe I just think it helps lol

3. Ah it's good to hear I'm not the only one, I haven't tried pumping iron while high though, maybe it's just be cardioid exercises which are risky? I'm not sure

4. I actually read that exercising while high doesn't make you lift more because you're muscles are actually in a relaxed state caused by the THC. You might think you can lift more but try just as hard sober and you will have the same results.

Maybe later in the night after you're done with your workout.

5. I smoke before, during, and after exercise. I avoid injury the same way that I would while sober, by maintaining proper form and not over-exerting myself.

Running especially is much more enjoyable after a joint, and I'll take another with me for the halfway point. It helps me focus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yeah its actually surprising as hell when you smoke and exercise and you do so well. But it only works well for me if I smoke and immediately exercise otherwise I get to lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smoking before working out always helps me focus on reaching my goal for that particular day.

8. I find anything strenuous just kills my high, goes for more than green too so maybe it's a personal thing.

I do a lot of trail running, and I'll take a joint with me and just hangout on a waterfall for 15 mins as a break, but within 5 mins of starting back up I'm perfectly sober. I never smoke before the gym anymore because I know it's just a waste.

9. It really wouldn't cause an injury per say. But it will definitely limit your breath so i believe it makes it harder to exercise. I prefer going hard at the gym then getting home relaxing with a blunt and a protein shake :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've never tried working out high, but I've found that when I'm out bombing hills on my longboard it keeps me super focused and I actually do better than I would if I was sober. I've heard snowboarding while high is also a pretty awesome experience

• Like Like x 1
  11. I usually have less energy less stamina and feel a little less pumped up. So I just close the workout with a good sesh.. Earn the high instead haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've tried goin to the gym while really baked, but I feel like 1/3 of the way through my workout, the high is jus kinda not there anymore. I guess it's not too bad though go into the gym feelin good and baked, and come out with the "natural high"/good feeling from working out.

13. Before I graduated i would go to my "non-important" XC and Track meets buzzed, i've found that a good buzz will help you out but if you go in stoned out of your mind i'd imagine your performance would suffer quite a bit.

14. Well as someone else said i think a buzz helps. But getting faded does not. When i am buzzed i find that i am just more energetic. More happy. And i can lift more/run more while ignoring fatigue. But if i get faded my performance definetly suffers.

But when i was in high school i used to get faded before football practice and some games. And i honestly did better because i was so focused on just doing good so my coach wouldn't pull me. I used to smack the fuck out of kids right off the line and not even notice that i hit them that hard. I wouldn't know i layed them out till after my teammates started making noises lol.

15. I chiefed up before almost every soccer practice and game in my senior year in high school and It honestly made running a more fun and relaxing experience. Now I like to blaze and do yoga

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. This is exactly how I feel. I smoke, but I sober up quickly when I start working out and concentrating on the task at hand (exercising vs relaxing). It probably ends up just being a waste for me, even though I do it everyday :GettingStoned:.