Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before/during work?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by smoothcriminal7, Mar 24, 2014.

1. If im gunna use a digger no , if im laying flags / hanging doors or anything physical yes . All depends on the days work ahead

2. Doug, is that you?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396708359.371805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. depends whats going on at work that day, if i have a big project for an important customer to wrap up for that day i go in sober, just one typo, wrong number, or dash in the wrong spot could fuck it up so its better if i'm all there for that. but if its just my average day and i'm not finalizing anything then i get blazed as fuck before work.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Go to work sober, get high before the day is over.  I can get stoned at work if I want, generally I choose not to. 

5.  I used to be high as fuck at the shitty retail job I worked at, but now working construction I just wouldn't be able to function booted so I only blow it down after work.

6. I'm positive I'm going to get shit for this, but quite frankly I don't care.

I smoke cannabis, every day, many times per day. Usually, every 2 hours. I know when to smoke, when I'm not high. I'll do this for a few weeks and then take a month off.

I have developed a tolerance that makes me feel normal when I smoke, I don't even feel high. When it gets to the point where smoking is almost pointless because my tolerance is so high, I take a break and clean up.

That being said, I smoke every morning, and every morning I drive my child to pre-school. I smoke before I go to the track (I recreationally race my M3). I smoke before work, at work, during work, on the clock with customer's that smoke. I smoke on the way home. I smoke before I read my Bible. I smoke before I take tests. I smoke when I go to court. I've smoked while a cop was writing me a ticket (no front license plate, requirement in NYS) I smoke while I shit, I smoke before I workout.

My point? I'm completely sober when I smoke. I'm in full control of my being and it takes absolutely no effect on any activity that I have encountered.

As far as responsibility goes.... I do what I need to do and I do it on time. Being high has nothing to do with responsibility, in my opinion. I probably have a chemical imbalance lol but I would rather be eating toast and cannabutter with my coffee in the morning than popping zombie pills and keeping to myself all day. People rather me high, including my Wife.

my two cents!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Thank you, Dr. Cooper. Love your show by the way.

lol

8. I can tell you don't smoke everyday. For people who have a tolerance, like myself, you wouldn't even know I smoked pot at all. I purposely smoke before I drive anywhere because I cannot stand driving around some of the ass hole's around here.

"THE SPEED LIMIT IS 45, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING 37"

*puff puff*

"whatever, i'm only going to save 2 minutes by driving the extra 8 mph."

I don't smoke pot, i make edibles and vape, I can't smoke anymore because of medical reasons. You are right I don't use cannabis everyday. I use cannabis 3-6 times a month. I cannot speak for those whom claim to reach to that level, I can only take you by your word.

In any event like i said, I still don't think it's a good idea; it's great that you have such a high tolerance, no disrespect, but to encourage this behavior for users who are:

1) Inexperience under cannabis
    2) Inexperience drivers.
    3) Inexperience to the terrain
    4) Inexperience to the automobile.

Cannabis is a drug, not a bad thing, but should be used responsible <Kinda of my point.

1) Would you board a plane as a passenger and see both copilot and pilot stoned, would you still board?

2) Would you share the road with an inexperience driver who is stoned?

3) Would you have someone in the medical surgical field under the influence of cannabis while on the job?

4) Would you have a school bus driver, operate a bus under the influence?

5) Would you jump into a cab, with a driver under the influence?

6) Would you share the road with other stones; who you don't know their experience with cannabis, or as drivers, or with their automobile?

I'm not advocating cannabis should be illegal, I'm not saying hey you're stupid or anything like that, I don't think it's a responsible thing to do or encourage.

I just don't want to turn on the news and hear four young people crashed on the parkway and one of the drivers under the influence of cannabis. (The weed may or may not play a role) But that's all those anti cannabis bastards need to rally popular support and start a conversation on major media outlet advocating not to legalize cannabis.

Even though alcohol is legal, they lobby hard in congress to make sure they are being represented against certain legislation, Cannabis though we have groups that lobby we are no where as strong as alcohol for if it was it would of been legal on a federal level.

10. #30 Mr. President, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    I really want to get a vaporizer.

I agree with you, very much. Especially because how would we create laws to coincide with tolerance? You can't. But the thing is... when you smoke... BAM. You're high. Drinking is a slower faze. I think that's why some people try driving. When people smoke, you get high almost instantly. My point is, before I had tolerance, I would plan to do something, but then not 'because i got high.' lol do you get what i'm saying? I don't think anyone who smokes 3 times a month, with a right mind, would even try driving, let alone have the willpower to get off the couch, ya know? Not saying implementing laws isn't something that shouldn't be done anyways.

Even the first few times i smoked ever in my life, i was still sober as hell. Completely conscious and very aware of my surroundings and things going on around me. Very coherent. My friends and I planned on riding our bikes after we smoked... we smoked the very first time and just..... did not do a damn thing hahahaha took us a half hour (seemed like hours!) to make hot pockets lol

11. I couldn't. No matter what people say you're better sober at work. Interacting with people and making decisions is pretty important to keeping a job. Smoking is more of a reward for doing something than a ritual to get through it.

12. Then you must also believe that Marijuana isn't a medicine, because people take medicine before they go to work.

13. So weed impairs your decisions? You definitely shouldn't smoke then work.

However just because it affects you that way, it's pretty ignorant to think everyone reacts the same way as you.

14. #34 moreherb, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    HAha
    That is my hobby. I go to work high and let it come down through the night.

I work in a french kitchen and its like the battle of Normandy everyday. Im in a union job so as long as I don't get hurt I am good.. knife skills are impeccable. I want to run out of the kitchen every night because I know there is a blunt waiting at home. 

As long as shit is getting done than I say get stoned and go to work. I like to play stoned games with myself also. I time my self slicing something, or see how deep in tickets I can remember. I also try to time the kitchen so I can go plate in another section. Its hard sometimes stoned but it becomes a game.

15. It depends on the job. When I worked at dominos delivering pizzas in college I would do it a lot. Sometimes I would let customers who didn't have the cash for a tip (college kids don't really plan well) smoke me up instead if they offered.

Now I work at a museum and I don't smoke before work. The only time I have was during the christmas holidays when most of the staff was gone and one morning when I went in late after a gyn exam. Other than that I do this job totally sober

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. This

17. Gpen and pax ploom ftw smoke anywhere

18. The gpen makes it too easy.

19. #39 zaikowebs, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    I made a thread last week about stealth smoking, even  though your idea is more than perfect, but mine is more of a cheaper option

20. I smoke a lot before work and at lunch . And eat medibles all day . I don't think its dissrecptifull , IMHO ciggeretts are more dissrespectfull .
    How much they pay me is disrecespetfull .
    And my spellin, very disrespectful :

Sent from your mom's phone.