Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before dental work

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stoner_complex, Oct 30, 2007.

1. well, im getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and i was just wondering if smoking would affect the sedation...which im pretty sure is going to be nitrous. i dont want to get into the doctors office and start tripping out when they give me the gas, or even worse, die from it. i know this seems a bit extreme, but im terrified of dentists and ive had many surgeries before for my paralyzed arm, but i never smoked then. anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. I don't know if it will effect the nitrous, but you won't be able to smoke for a while after getting them pulled so you might wanna get in a last session.

3. thanks man, i did that yesterday...two blunts of orange kush and severals bowls out of the bong. thats why im so worried. they said something about not smoking marijuana or using cocaine 30 days in advance, and i wondered why, but waited until the last minute to try and find out.

4. I smoked a few hours after my teeth were pulled both times (two teeth per session, two sessions). It's not wise to use a bong as alot of suction is required. In those cases, I rolled jays and got my shit from that.

5. No smoking? Does that mean I cant smoke cigarettes when I get mine pulled?

6. they told me no cigarettes or alcohol 48 hours in advance.:confused:

7. Oh, they can suck my dick. I go through a pack a day at least. I can lay off green for that long. BUT NO SMOKES? I'MA BE TRIPPING THE FUCK OUT SHAKING AND SHIT!

8. i know man, i cant stand this shit, as if getting my teeth cut out isnt bad enough, but i get no bud, smokes, or drinks...going to the dentist blows.:mad:

9. Get pain killers!!! That'll tide you over.

10. yeah, i know. i hope they are some dank painkillers. :smoke: as if painkillers arent dank anyway you take them.:rolleyes:

11. You aren't technically supposed to smoke anything after you get them pulled, because you can get dry socket which hurts more than getting your teeth pulled. I smoked up til the day I went in for my wisdom teeth removal. You shouldn't have anything to worry about; As soon as they got me all hooked up and started to tell me I would start to get tired I only remember waking up. It felt awesome to be put under though....

12. thanks a lot man, thats the most straight forward answer ive gotten yet. makes me feel more at ease. i guess im thinking of the previous surgeries ive had where they put me down for 18 hours, and that takes some heavy sedation. anyways, thanks again man, the encouraging words make me feel more relaxed about tomorrow. im not planning on smoking after for at least a week...dry socket just sounds excruciating.:(

13. uhm..ive never done it because i dont do coke but i guess theoretically u could do a numby of coke (When u rub a bit of cocaine on ur gums) cuz this makes u TOTALLY numb and yeah then it wouldnt hurt lol. idk y i just wrote this i had a stoned moment but im not even high. havent been in weeks =] im just trying to get my shit together lol. i love ganja. ill b back. but thats also proof thats its not adicting. i stoppped cold turkey on a random day no prob and i even had ganja just chilling there. iwent from 4 times a day to 0. ok sorry ppl. i just had to vent

14. If I could have my wisdom teeth taken out again, I would man. I never got dry sockets I was lucky. But ya the gas feels amazing man. They asked me if I felt it and I just laughed. They turned it up and I was out. And then the generic vicoden was a good time too... your lucky man:smoke:

15. wish my wisdom teeth extraction experience was that fun.

everything before and during was fine but afterwards i felt SUPER TIRED and nauseous and the hydros that they gave me didnt help with ANY pain and made me even more nauseous.
    hated it all.

fuck that operation man. glad those fuckers are out

ask em to save your teeth though. youd be surprised at how big your teeth are

oh yeah, dont smoke for like a week after cuz suction may cause dry socket and i heard thats not fun.
    stick to edibles if possible

16. a bottle of percs will make me forget about ciggaretts and weed for at least like a day...just get wicked jammed until your bottle runs out

rail that shit bitch :smoking:

17. I am so scared of the dentist and I go regularly. I've had extractions and shit...let me tell you something...I have to do 10mg of valum and smoke about 3 bowls and I am fine. Sweety...you CANNOT be as chicken as I am..anyways...smoke away...you will be fine!!!

18. NOBODY fears the dentist more than me.

I will smoke four blunts before my next visit.

While in the parking lot.

19. could you do g bong hits because there is no suction needed

20. you guys have it easy i go to the dentists 2 times a week so please dont be that anti-dentite lol i go every appointment high and they don't really mind they are usually nicer when im high