Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before bed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MalanoMan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Steve Martin -I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . But never at dusk! Never at dusk, I would never do that.

2. I have always had sleep issues, but I find that I sleep much better after toking. The flood of norepinephrine that cannabis causes is very helpful for getting to sleep, and I wake up feeling well rested.

When I take a tbreak, those first couple of sober nights are pretty restless though. I find that my body usually adjusts by the third night and I can sleep and eat fine, but those first two days after cutting off heavy use are tough.

3. I try to get a few hits off my MFLB in my bed like 30 minutes before sleep. My weed knocks me out like an octopus kick

4. Smoking at night is the way to go. I like to smoke during the day too but on nights when i need to actually get sleep ill smoke an. hour before bed and have great dreams.

5. Ehh every once in a while I do that but it makes me wanna stay up really late...

6. [quote name='"futureghost"']

Bob marleys mellow mood tea. Works so well before bed. So does melatonin though[/quote]

All the tea is is just tea and melatoNin but it tastes awesome

7. Exactly what I do lol

8. I do it every night

9. [quote name='"rync888"']

All the tea is is just tea and melatoNin but it tastes awesome[/quote]

Works well because of the melatonin, I meant to say

10. I used to smoke every night. It was awesome, but it got to a point where I thought that I needed to use mj in order to be able to go to sleep. And, it got tiring bundling up just to blaze because I have to do it outside. After quitting the everynight habit, it honestly feels good to not smoke that often. I wasn't getting very high anymore, and it took up a good amount of time and it just feels better to go to bed and fall asleep, instead of getting all of my shit out and getting bundled up to go outside. Not to say that when I went to NY last week I didn't smoke or vape every night. That is because I was able to do it inside though, in the warm, comfortable home and with a MFLB or bowl or bubbbbbler.

11. Yeah I used to smoke every night and then I realized that the few nights I didnt smoke I had trouble sleeping. No doubt a few hits from the bong will put you to sleep, but some people may become dependent on it. Its ok to enjoy marijuana, just remember: everything in moderation

12. Night time is the only time i think it is safe to smoke in my house, I mean, Fairly sure my mum smokes, but you can't be to sure y'know?

13. I thought that and then I realized I could be high all day and no one was ever noticing.

14. Wow I left this thread and it kinda blew up hahaha. I smoke almost every night now and its great! I haven't had any dreams lately though. When I don't smoke I don't have any issues falling asleep either.

15. ill go through periods where i do it every night. right now im trying to stay away from it, because i usually am tired enough already. If i wake up in the middle of the night i usually dont except for the rare occasion.

16. It certainly helps me sleep!
    But, I wouldn't try to make a habit out of it... maybe once in a while if you have insomnia.

17. For some reason my favorite times to smoke is when I first wake up and an hour or 2 before bed. In the morning it takes away all the groggy "I wish I was still sleeping" feelings and before bed its nice to relax.

18. Couldn't think of any other way I would rather unwind at night time than having a nice blaze, watching a few episodes of a series or a movie or something and just let the world go by when everyone sleeps, peaceful!

19. My only question is why not do it every night if you enjoy it? People drink coffee every morning don't they?

20. I can't sleep without weed.so I start at 19h to smoke and I alvays save for one before sleep..I think I have beautiful dreams always when I go to bed high..[​IMG]