Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before bed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MalanoMan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Recently, I've found joy in smoking about 2 hours before bed. It's a nice way to unwind and chill. I feel guilty about it though like its an addiction. I have self control, like I don't do it every night, but on especially hectic days its a nice conclusion to my day. What are your guys opinions on this?

2. I smoke every single night. I can't even imagine trying to sleep without my mmj!
    On the down side, I wake up with the worst mouth! It's dried & stuck together! I get up in the middle of the night to brush my teeth!
    And, no, I don't feel like an addict because I smoke my mmj before bed!!
    Or in the evening!
    :smoke: waves!

3. If I had to pick only one time to smoke, it would be 2hrs before bed. It's the best because you get high and then sleepy and instead of being tired after the high you simply avoid it and go to sleep. It makes me feel like I'm living a double life.

4. I smoke at night almost every night, I find nothing wrong with it. Everyone's asleep, so no one will give a shit. Also, don't feel guilty or anything, it's not an addiction if you can quit anytime and not have withdrawals. :D

5. I don't really see the point of sleeping through your high. Besides, it'll get to the point where you'll become dependent on it to sleep.

And, worst of all, when you are high it disrupts REM sleep. Which means you'll have a hard time dreaming, and as someone who is trying to get into lucid dreaming, that's not really where it's at.

6. [quote name='"Winged One"']I don't really see the point of sleeping through your high. Besides, it'll get to the point where you'll become dependent on it to sleep.

And, worst of all, when you are high it disrupts REM sleep. Which means you'll have a hard time dreaming, and as someone who is trying to get into lucid dreaming, that's not really where it's at.[/quote]

Im usually only high for about 2 hrs so I'm not sleeping through the entire high. And woah I never knew about the REM thing. No wonder why I've never had any crazy dreams...

7. I've had many crazy dreams while high, like this one time it was like I was in a COD game and BAMF me killing hundreds of people :D I was smoking a J during this too, but that didn't surprise me cuz I was high. :smoke: :hello:

8. I'm forced to be pretty much only a midnight toker. I'd prefer to be a daytime toker though :/

9. Me too :smoke:

10. that's my favorite time, too. get to spend your last few hours awake in your head, letting the stress of the day roll off your back, feeling yourself slip into someplace peaceful. it's not hurting you, it's not hurting anyone, i say keep it up.

11. They both give you two different highs. If you smoke during the day, you can expect a more energetic or euphoric high. At night it turns into a more cerebral endless thoughts type of high.

12. Thanks guys I totally agree. You guys are great

13. I vapo before going to bed. Never had a problem sleeping and usually I have some kind of weird dreams.

14. Night time is the best time for me to smoke. Relaxes me so I can munch out, enjoy some tv or tunes, and hit the sack :bongin:

15. I only smoke at night around 3:00 am. It's my favorite time to smoke and I'm just a night person all together. I can still sleep easily without weed though.

16. There's obviously no right or wrong time to medicate/get high.
    I just prefer in the early evening to where I apparently nod out, lol.
    I'm not hurting anyone & I enjoy it, besides it medicating me.
    Unless I have company during the day, I won't bother.
    To each his own-
    :smoke: :)

17. I vaporize every night about 3-4 hours before bed, gives the best sleep!

18. I usually break out the bong every night with some music on. Rock out to that.

19. I high from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. If i wake up in the middle of the night I will smoke a cig and a chillum. I have been known to sleepwalk and hit the bong.. That scares me, because I would hate to break one.

20. [quote name='"Winged One"']I don't really see the point of sleeping through your high. Besides, it'll get to the point where you'll become dependent on it to sleep.

And, worst of all, when you are high it disrupts REM sleep. Which means you'll have a hard time dreaming, and as someone who is trying to get into lucid dreaming, that's not really where it's at.[/quote]

I heard somewhere that you dont actually dream during REM sleep. Not sure if its true or not though...