Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking before a presentation?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vdubstoner, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I have really bad stage fright and always lock up in the middle of a presentation. It's a presentation on the NYS penal code (I'm a criminal justice major). Just wondering if smoking would help me out?

2. i always wondered this too because i hate public speaking but i talk so much more when im high, and the creative juices just flow. but nahh i wouldnt i'd be way too paranoid

plus u dont wanna just suddenly burst into laughter at something randomly

3. lol. lols. lawls.

4. I've done a presentation high as well as stand up comedy. I did both pretty well, the stage freight was still present but once I got into the groove of what I was doing I did fine. It all depends on how much control you have once your high. If you're still a noob then definitely don't smoke lol

5. don't get BAKED OR STONED. get a nice high/buzz. talk with your friends a little bit before your presentation to get in that talkative mood. that way when you get up there, you're already used to using your voice and you will flow much better.

6. If you're not fully aware of how the cannabis is going to affect you, then I would highly recommend against it.
    Some weeds may help you calm down and chill out, but others may send your brain into overload and cause even more anxiety.
    In my opinion, a college grade is worth more than that risk.

I would try some breathing exercises and confidence builders.
    Walk into that room looking and feeling like you are the most in-demand authority on this subject, and your classmates are extremely lucky to be graced with your knowledge.

Good luck, bro :)

7. i gave a presentation while i was blazed once. i had to write my name on the board and i forgot how to spell my name lmao

8. [quote name='"SuperDank420"']i gave a presentation while i was blazed once. i had to write my name on the board and i forgot how to spell my name lmao[/quote]

Haha that's the funniest shit! I literally just laughed out loud in a quiet library

9. Yes, but do not and i mean NOT get baked. One hit will do wonders, but anything more will make you look like a retard.

10. I know that feel bro
    For my senior project last year I had to do a 5 minute presentation and I was like wtf am I going to do. Then I decided to get a nice buzz from booze and tbh, it worked out quite well.
    It was also my first time drinking liqour so it was a fucking gamble lol

11. This semester I had to do a presentation for my Rock n Roll History class (great elective, my teacher looks like Tom Petty and I'm sure he smokes). Me and my friend were doing it as a partner thing and I ended up smoking just one bowl like an hour or so before it. It was a pretty big bowl so I was actually decently high but nothing outrageous. I would advise you against smoking before the presentation just because you feel so goofy and it can make you sound like an idiot. Depends on how comfortable you are talking to people while high though. I did a fine job and it probably really didn't mess me up at all but if I was the type to get nervous around people while high at all, I would definitely not do it.

12. I just did it for a presentation on molecular machines and it went very well. I had practiced a lot though.

13. I did a presentation high while I was in high school. Couldnt stop laughing the entire time.

14. I have yet to present a project high, but because of my stage fright maybe a .2-.3 bowl hit might help you stay on task and not be so nervous. Being too baked is never a good idea when it comes to school.

15. You should just take like 1 or 2 hits. The best thing to do would be to lightly vaporize before because lower temp vapes usually give you a much more clear headed high and you wouldn't be as likely to go off track. I have an iolite and I vape on my lunch then go into work and direct customers to tens of thousands of products (I work in a large retail store) and do it seemingly better than if I'm sober.

16. Hah i remember bak in high school i had a presentation, i smoked a joint before goin into class, and totally forgot wat the report waas on but i managed to stand up there and bullshit my way through 3 minutes. hahaha was funny because the teacher knew i was stoned and thought it was hilarious.

17. Dude Rock n Roll history class? Smoking weed should be a prerequisite/requirement :smoke:

18. When I have to give presentations I just think about how the people I'm talking to don't really give a shit and don't care what you say anyways

19. haha i remember going to my buddy mike's house at lunch time in grade 12 and we smoked 9 bowls each. after lunch i had english and we had to present the music video comfortably numb and explain in depth what it means and all that good shit. i ended up talking for 35 minutes. we got an A, haha.