Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking away from college

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zgame100, May 9, 2016.

?

Should I hide smoking or be open to my parents about it?

1. Hide it!

16.7%
  2. Tell the truth

83.3%
  1. Hey y'all:

Ok so first off, I'm relatively new to smoking. I'm a Freshman in college (sophomore technically later today after my final) and started earlier off in the year. I told my mom last month that I smoke "occasionally" and she said "I don't care, you're in college, do what you want." You would this is great news! Your parents being fine with you smoking in all is a good thing to hear. However, they said "in college"...

So my question is, how do I approach smoking back home. Idk if they will be "ok" with me smoking. Should I just be open with them and say "I'm going out to smoke." or something? Or should I just hide it like I did in the past. On Spring Break, I would smoke in the bathroom with the shower on, which worked but was a hassle to set up. I would have to bring my bowl, grinder, lighter, and sploof into the bathroom and let it steam out for 5 minutes.

I just picked up an eighth and I don't know what I should do. I need some advice!

-Thanks

2. A lot of what you could/should do depends on your setup at home. If you live somewhere where you have woods or other nature where it's normal and safe to hang out in, I'd say just smoke outside and don't reek up your parents house. If you live in the arctic tundra and polar bears will eat you if you step outside to light up, then you'll have to come up with a non-invasive, respectful way to smoke inside.

Your mom saying she's cool with you smoking since you're in college is more liberal than most parents, but if they aren't smokers themselves, I wouldn't rub it in their face that you smoke. The vast majority of people in the world that don't smoke cigarettes, don't want people to smoke up their house when they're visiting. The same goes for weed. So, smoke outside if you can without being weird about it. Otherwise, if you're doing it inside, respect their house.

3. Ask your parents. Ask if they would be okay with you smoking while back at home. If they are, you're all good. If not, then take a walk and go smoke every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I voted tell the truth but honestly it doesn't matter. Just be respectful and take a walk while toking up and your parents don't have to know about it

5. I'd ask nicely if you can burn a bowl every now and then in their backyard.