Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking at the gym

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Han Bowlo, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Anyone ever smoke then hit the gym? I had a friend that used to smoke a joint then hit the gym. Did some cardio and weightlifting. Personally I wouldn't do it cause I'd probably forget in the middle of a rep and drop the weight on my head.

2. i've smoked and worked out before. it feels like you're getting nothing done because of the muscle relaxation, so i'm going to assume it actually would not benefit you

3. I sometimes go for a jog after smoking some sativas, but I don't think I'd be able to handle working out. I've tried doing cardio and some weights while high and I feel shaky and especially weak.

4. my friend does it, but I personally would get way too lazy. I would be sitting there thinking about why this bar is so fucking heavy and why the fuck am I lifting it

5. I had this stuff once that made me feel all tweaked out and awake. I hit that before the gym a few times. Most of the time though i would wait until after the gym.

6. lol ^

7. Its best not to do because when you smoke your muscles go into relax mode, and id say its going to ruin your routine if your trying to get bigger muscles.

8. #9 CityCoast, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    Yea do it all the time, helps me focus and makes me the complete opposite of lazy.

I'm way more lazy when working out sober.

o & especially when jammin to some tunes whenimblazed.

9. do it er day. you just keep going when your high. you dont feel the stress on your muscles and you just keep pushin that bitch harder

10. I work out when I'm baked sometimes, I feel like I can focus more especially if I'm doing pilates and stuff. :)

11. Cannabis is a a bronchodilator, so it could make it easier to breath while exercising.

Although I guess the act of smoking may negate the effects of bronchodilation. Edibles, extracts, concentrates, or vaporizers may be a better alternative.

12. you're still the same person so why would bud make you less able to work out? thats just you being lazy and anyway it helps you focus. i think it makes me stronger actually btw there is a thousand of this same type of thread...

13. Anyone who seriously works out probably wont be smoking beforehand, rather opting for a pre-workout energy boost.

14. I do and it just makes your muscles numb so you can do more reps. Its kinda like a steroid in a way to me at least. I see nothing wrong with it, it even makes it entertaining to count all your reps and make sure you dont cheat yourself.

15. you may see it that way, and by all means keep doing it if thats what you want, but im just saying if you workout when your sober your going to gain more muscle rather than working out while high.

16. I've done it a few times- definitely helps with the mind/ body connection. It zones you in like nothing else. It also makes the gym a much more interesting place. I've worked out high and I've worked out sober, I like both.

17. Agreed, I love stretching baked. Some nice ganja loosens everything up.

18. There is a guy that goes to gym same time as I and he smells like bud/the look. Surprisingly he does work out fine from what I've seen. Myself I could never go fully flying. It feels weird and cannot concentrate really without taking flight.

19. I love going to the gym high you also notice the funny stuff that you would normally not care for when sober like the guys that try to impress girls by doing more weight or guys that dont workout properly. Shit I find it funny when a hot chick is working out and every dude there is trying to hit on her and she just blows them all of ha ha. Its a fun experience and I doubt it reduces productivity you would need to prove that for me to believe it because alot of people have been working out and smoking weed for years.