Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking at friends grave

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bto4, Jun 18, 2012.

1. so I just lost my best friend In a car accident on the 25 of may. I go out and play some tunes on
    my iPad and sit ad talk to him at his grave sometimes.

we used to smoke all the time and I was wondering what you think about smoking there like in honor of him.

if it was like my grandma or someone who didn't smoke I wouldn't do it but I know that he would want me to be smokin mad blunts like we used to do. so what do you think ?

also is cigarette smoking prohibited in most cemeteries?

2. Nothings wrong with that man. I smoke by my ex girlfriends stone and smoke. Sometimes I leave a jay there for her.

3. Sorry about ur friend man..nothing wrong I would bury a few nugs.

4. #4 Deleted member 341238, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    If he was true to the cause then hell yeah I would!

5. Sorry to hear that man, but definitely light up.

6. sorry about your loss man. definatly light up for him.
    my next bowl goes to you guys.

7. The only suggestion I might offer is that this may seem disrespectful to his family. A more appropriate memorial might be a spot that you shared when you blazed together; that may help set your mood to remember the light they bought into your life rather than the feeling that their death extinguished that flame. Peace.

8. [quote name='"mrjerky"']The only suggestion I might offer is that this may seem disrespectful to his family. A more appropriate memorial might be a spot that you shared when you blazed together; that may help set your mood to remember the light they bought into your life rather than the feeling that their death extinguished that flame. Peace.[/quote]

Its his stone not his family's. If THEY find it disrespectful it doesn't matter, it is not them who died and not them in the ground. The only person's wishes about what is done on his grave is the person in that grave.

If he was a smoker and you know he would want to spend time with his friends like the good old days then do it. But if you think he would rather keep all the old past stuff behind him and move on then don't.

I dont think the family's feelings really matter. I mean at funerals you don't want people being rude or picketing it, but I'm pretty sure that the feeling is mutual with the person that died. So disrespecting the family like that would also disrespect the one who died.

But his grave is his. Its own identity in a sence. It isn't their place to say what they think is disrespectful, it isn't theirs.

If he knows his friend would love to be a part of the group again then hell yeah. Souls don't want to be forgotten, that's what the grave is for, to always remember.

Honoring a dead person (to me) isn't laying flowers every now and then on their grave. But actually including them, like they are still part of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would defiantly burn some fatty blunts there. Just keep it on the down low, don't want to piss anyone off at a cemetery you know what i'm saying?

10. Sees like a very depressing place to spark up...

11. I like all these answers guys. ad thanks for all your sympathies

12. sorry about your friend man, i know how that feels and keep your head up!

13. Hotboxing would be disrespectful. :p

14. [quote name='"Forked Up"']Hotboxing would be disrespectful. :p[/quote]

Wow......just.....wow

15. That was really fucked up, man. That's something you should just keep in your head.

16. A year or so ago same situation happened with a car accident. I didn't know the kid who passed that well but one of my close buddies did and he and some others would smoke there and leave a nug or so all the time. Im pretty sure he still does.

Sorry about the lose

17. As long as he leaves the gravestone alone. But when it comes to to a dead son, you don't do what is right to do, you do what you should do. I don't think a desecrated grave is the thing they want to tear open wound.

18. They aren't writing profanities on his tombstone, they aren't digging up his grave, or pissing on it. They are sharing an experience with him that he enjoyed in life and allowing him to enjoy it in death. Wouldn't YOU want your friends to visit your grave and do things you enjoyed doing with them? I couldn't imagine anyone who would want to be left forgotten.

19. If it's your way of showing respect, fucking go for it man. I know I'd be psyched if I somehow knew someone was sparking a J up at my grave.

I'd just be careful, though. If someone sees you they might think you're being disrespectful. Just think of the bad stigma weed has attached to it, however wrong it is. Just be careful man, but yeah I say go for it.

20. sorry to hear bro, but if my mate passed and we smoked together then i would not only blaze their id plant a little seed and see what happens :p probably not but how cool would it be your pot smoking friends grave grew a cannabis plant. Stay strong