Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and working out.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KingOfKong, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Do any of you guys have experience with the effects of smoking weed while dealing with a work out schedule? I know smoking cigarettes will really make it difficult for you to breath after a while, and I'm wondering if smoking weed is going to do the same thing when I really start pushing distances. I just started running so I'm normally out of breath anyway, but eventually I would like to work up to running 5Ks and such and I was a little worried about the future of that.

2. i don't think it will have much effect on you, i bike and do a high intensity work out and i don't notice a difference, but thats just me everyone is different

3. It makes for an interesting workout. I prefer to smoke after I'm done.

4. are you talking about smoking and then working out? or just will smoking weed have an effect on your cardio all together? i don't smoke before i work out makes me to lazy,

5. I tried smoking before I went for a run in the morning, my high seemed to wear off so I decided to leave it until after, when it feels even more intense. :D

6. Smoking a bowl of good and working out is f*cking awesome,Never felt so good:)

7. eh.. I usually can't be bothered to work out while high but smoking after working out is great.

8. Weed is an expectorant so it will sort of help to get the tar out of your lungs. I don't suggest people work out while high, and if you are into working out I would seriously consider stop smoking (cigs). Yeah you might be fine but it's not going to help you any, it's only going to impact your overall performance.

When I was a smoker weed would help me cough up the tar in the mornings.

9. I am an avid runner/cyclist. I run 70+mi a week, i have found that with a daily cardio regimin and avoiding the food provoking thoughts. there arent many pitfalls. I personally am extreme and have a double perc with ultra carbon filter. I feel great running...

10. It'll be fine, before I go to the gym I usually smoke a bowl or two. While I generally don't smoke right before running, smoking and running in the same day shouldn't be a problem

11. I ALWAYS smoke before going to work out, I feel like I get into the music and when I get into the music you best believe it gives me more motivation. I guess that's just me though?

I rip bong loads and run long distances on a treadmill no problem.

12. i would definitely recommend smoking after working out. if you have to smoke often, go to the gym first thing in the morning. i find that if i smoked during the day before i go, i get lazy/unenergetic. smoke after working out as a reward. :)

13. I always blaze and exercise which consists of weight training. I'm not too sure what effect it has on cardio though, but I expect it to be different for every person.

14. Sorry, I should have clarified. I don't mean toking up and then trying to work out, I'm talking about the overall effects of toking over a long time on things like lung capacity and breathing. It seems my question has been answered though. Thanks guys!

15. i dont have a problem. But i usually only lift. you get a pretty solid buzz afterwords tho, with the increased bloodflow.

but no, i havent found it to affect my lifting or cardio

16. Smoke is smoke even though weed smoke is way less harmful you will feel a difference in your cardio , but I like to save smoking till after I workout it lets my muscles and I relax :) ... Maybe invest in a vape ?

17. Its great before any kind of running, biking, swimming, etc. but if youre serious about working out just wait till after. In my experience the intensity goes down when im high, but you can definitely still do it, just might not be AS efficient as while sober.

18. When I used to lift one of my buddies told me to try smoking bud before hand for a better workout.

Didn't work for me. I like to enjoy my high, so I'd smoke before lifting, do a few reps and be like "meh I'm done." It's not for everyone.

19. I always prefer smoking and working out because i get into the zone where i just KEEP working out. Its those types of zones when u start cleaning when u r high and u just keep cleaning because your in that zone :3

20. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']I always prefer smoking and working out because i get into the zone where i just KEEP working out. Its those types of zones when u start cleaning when u r high and u just keep cleaning because your in that zone :3[/quote]

Once I start cleaning high I get in the zone too aha