Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking and wisdom teeth??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by allgood7234, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ok so i just got my wisdom teeth pulled can i still smoke???? or should i not and just wait a couple days?? need help pls:smoke:

2. you probably should wait. i got mine out then i went to a party, sold all my painkillers and took numerous hits from a bong, got a dry socket. sucked.
    save your bud for a few days, and when you smoke dont suck too hard.

3. I had a tooth extracted a couple of years ago, and my dentist specifically told me not to smoke anything for three days. I asked him specifically about MJ since i am a MMJ patient and he said that he wouldn't recommend it because of the danger of infection from the smoke.

So no, don't do it. A couple days won't kill you. NOW there are other methods of intake that you could use, edibles, tinctures, vaporizing, etc.

4. When I found out i was getting all 4 my wisdom teeth removed I googled a hell of a load of info about smoking (anything) after that type of oral surgery basically the big con is the dry socket which i have hears killlssss, when i got my 4 out after i gauzed all day ate a few firecrackers, chewed with front teeth, but hit my bong drawing reallly slow anyways, at one point one started hurting and the back left started bleeding a bit so i gauzed then just took it easy. hey i was high by that point :D

5. Edit: I should add that dry socket isn't caused by smoke itself, its caused by air suction that disrupt bloodclots that are trying to heal where your wisdom teeth where....so if you wanna take it easy joints are probably better haha couldn't resist the bong though. good luck to you but i'd suggest firecracker if you wanna play safe

6. INHALE YOUR BONG THROUGH YOUR NOSE AND EXHALE THROUGH YOUR NOSE with your mouth closed (sorry bout the caps)

7. ^^ that would suck so bad... i can imagine the burning in the nose lol. plus if you sneeze all your snot will be in your bong...ew

8. its really not tooo bad. hehe...ive done it a bunch when i had operations on my mouth. only bad thing is, well one of the bad things is after your done and you blow your nose, resin!!! hahahaha but hey it works great. if you need it bad enough

9. Use a gravity bong. Silly!

Or else have someone else take the hit for you.

Trust me..... You REALLY don't want dry socket!

F'n sucks baaaaaad. :eek:

10. I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple of days before my friend. I hit the bong the whole time. Just don't suck hard. Have someone there to milk it if you have to. Just be careful not to suck in really hard or cough super hard (no big rips hommie). My friend did the same thing and none of us got dry socket. Healed up on time.

11. Smoking raises your blood pressure. I know my friend had his tonsils out and smoke and they started to bleed. Just a warning, But who am i to tell someone not to smoke. I just say hit the bong. if it hurts hit it agin lol

12. Oh I'm definitely finding a way to be high when I get my teeth out. It's probably the only way to make it feel good without feeling retarded (high on painkillers). So perhaps I make a thc milkshake or something...who knows. Seems like the best medicine for the occasion though, doesn't it?

13. FUCK NO DON'T SMOKE

Dry sockets are NOT worth it. Just wait two days.

14. yes smoke. put guaze over your holes, dont rip the bong hard, or RIP THROUGH UR NOSE HAHAHA I LOVE IT

15. Yeah, but for most of us here two or three days can seem like a long time. I was in the same situation about a month ago, sounds gross but I would take a gulp of water and let it rest on the sockets while I hit. No problems. Just make sure to spit it out afterwards! I called it the sip-and-rip

16. you can do what my girl did, i just made her a quick waterfall bong and we used that for the next fewdays and everything was fine.

17. my buddy just had his girlfriend chalk up the pipe for him and he just took the smoke in real slow.

I'd wait just to be safe. Cause I've had some pretty intense wisdom tooth pains before. Still have them in. Really aren't bothering me at all at the moment, and REALLY don't want to get them out.

My buddy just got em out yesterday and he has had serious surgery done on his knee and shoulder from football so vicodin does nothing for him so he said hes gonna give me a bunch haha.

18. I had my wisdom tooth pulled 3 days ago. Initially I had people blow me shotguns and I would just inhale through my nose, but after a few hits I decided I didn't want to damage me sense of smell, and I also had to get all the resin out of my nose. I got a glass mug and stuck in the freezer for a few hours and had my friends blow the shotguns into the mug and I simply drank the smoke. Coolest shit ever