Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and watching movies

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OrbitalDeath127, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Am I the only one who can't enjoy all movies when high? Sometimes when I'm high watching a movie I over-analyze the technical aspects of the movie. Like I become super aware that it's just actors who are playing characters and I'll see certain shots and be like "oh well that was shot at a set with a green screen because the audio isn't natural to the environment and the lighting seems off".

I saw I Love You Man high in theaters twice and both times I couldn't enjoy the movie. I've seen it sober and it was good then, but whenever I just saw it differently. I don't really know how to explain it. I think it's usually when I see a movie for the first time high, because there are many other movies that I've seen sober that I can see high and still enjoy, usually more so than when I'm sober. These are generally more stoner movies like Pineapple Express or Harold and Kumar.

2. You know man I have had a similar experience, it almost feels like you are actually on the set and you are just seeing right through their acting, it becomes so 2 dimensional as opposed to this really believable 3 dimensional character with feelings and thoughts, must've been some damn good bud I guess lol

3. When I watch movies high its just like watching pictures go by fast. I dont comprehend movies high at all, so I cant enjoy them :(

4. I can watch almost any movie high and have a good time. If its shitty I laugh at how bad it is.

5. Movies are the shit high you guys are crazy!

6. [quote name='"purplerhino"']I can watch almost any movie high and have a good time. If its shitty I laugh at how bad it is.[/quote]

Yea all the chick flix my wife makes me watch and I am cracking up while she is sitting there crying over a sad part of the movie. Pot is a must for every movie good or bad

7. It doesn't really help a lot of movies for me. I can't follow anything complicated at all. Music sounds a million times better, but I can't pay attention to anything on a screen. Some TV shows are okay - I love getting stoned and watching cartoons, but paying attention to something for two hours? Not gonna happen...

8. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

Yea all the chick flix my wife makes me watch and I am cracking up while she is sitting there crying over a sad part of the movie. Pot is a must for every movie good or bad[/quote]

I Recently have watched a few Steven seagal movies....they are freaking hilarious. The action is cool and the acting/lines are funny (whether or not it was supposed to be)

9. I can be watching the exorcist and still be dying from laughter

10. I do over analyze movies and TV shows when I'm high, but sometimes I get so into it, and imagine if it was myself or if it was an actual person actually experiencing it. Sometimes I watch action movies or drama movies and I feel so bad for the characters and what not.

Weed makes shit fun.

11. Most of them looks fake >.<

12. Have any of you guys seen Mac & Devin Go To High School?

Incredibly shitty movie overall, I saw it sober the first time and I was like, it would probably be way better high.

Next time I got high I watched it again and I just got really annoyed at how shitty Snoop Dogg is at acting, and Wiz wasn't much better.

13. Yeah I find that the actors seem more fake and I have a rather hard time enjoying it.