Smoking and Travel - Where to next?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Longman, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Heya,

So I recently won a holiday for two anywhere in the world and have a dilemma. I live in Australia and would love to fly somewhere no more 13/14 hours' flight from Melbourne -- but that somewhere needs to be a lush tropical island paradise where it's kinda easy to score a little green. And it can't be Thailand.

Tricky one.

Some have suggested Mauritius, others Fiji, some Vanuatu.

What say you, Grasscity residents? What tips have you for a lad with time, money and no direction?

Best,

Longman

2. Jamacia?

3. Hmmm ... Someone did suggest that, but I think I have to go through Miami to get there which adds on many hours -- and we've only got a week to ten days of playtime. Means we have to avoid jetlag if we can ...

Thanks, Applegarth. Any other suggestions?

4. Trinidad is pretty cool and its easy to find weed there. Sense its almost summer time i would say to hell with the islands and have a true pot vacation and there is only one place in the world that every pothead has wet-dreams about visiting and that is the mecca of pot better known as Amsterdam. Sense its almost summertime the weather should be warming up and u can have a good time in Amsterdam.

5. how bout hawaii.

6. Tripadvisor.com - They give you a load of suggestions.
    Webehigh.com - The weed smokers travel guide.

I would say Ireland :D, it falls right into the 14 hour travel time... You can get all of Ireland done in 4 days, so you'll have days to do what ever.

7. ireland isnt quite tropical....

8. Yeah it is .. :rolleyes:

9. Fiji is exactly what it sounds like you're looking for. I went to Vaca Levu(spelling?) at the wise old age of 16 and was able to score some green on my first visit into town. It's been awhile and I wasn't the most experienced smoker back then, so I can't give an accurate account of the quality, but if i had to guess it was probably mersh-mids, so don't expect any Cannabis Cup buds. However, it's incredibly easy to score, if you walk around most urban areas resteraunts/bars/strip clubs will usually have a guy outside trying to get tourists to come inside. I just asked one of those guys and first one I came up to was able to hook me up within the local area.

As far as tropical paradise goes, Fiji is fucking gorgeous. I paid 25$US for a day cruise to a 100mx100m desterted island where I could not only drink as much beer as i could fit in my cooler,but also not snorkel around the surrounding reef, pass out and wake up with a nasty sunburn, all while the crew was busy catching fish so when I woke up from my slumber there was lunch on the grill. Best beaches I have ever seen and probably will ever see. If you scuba/snorkel, you're going to be amazed at the beauty of Fiji's underwater life, blows the Carribbean completely away though as an Aussie you might not feel the same way. I don't surf (couldn't pay me to even try it) so can't fill you in on that aspect. Also, Fiji has a pretty good national beer called Fiji Bitter that I was a big fan of, would suggest trying at least a 6 pack of Bitters cause they go down easy.

That was over 6 years ago, but I would still fully reccomend going to Fiji. Beautiful islands, friendly people, plus Fiji brand water was cheap as hell, which is funny because that stuff goes for like 4$ a bottle here in the states.

10. GO TO TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great dank, great scene, great people...great trip