Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking and the common cold?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by theshrizzz, Apr 22, 2008.

1. This is sort of a question about the effects (positive or negative) of smoking marijuana on the common cold, but more its a question to all you out there.

We all get sick..whether it's bad or if you just get the sore throat, headache, stuffy nose for a few days every now and then. Lots of daily smokers out there..what do you blades do when sick, smoke/don't smoke? And what do you notice in terms of your symptoms?

2. If I get sick, I will smoke regardless. In fact, I find the effects of weed begin to almost "short out" if you will, sometimes that's how I know I'm getting sick. But I'll still smoke because it makes me feel less miserable.

I feel it doesn't affect recovery time either way, but I was sick recently, and the congestion and coughing were gone in 2 days, a new record. If it is real bad congestion, it seems to make it worse temporarily, but then would clear with time.

3. if a got a cold or something i like to take a stoned nap. dont know if its good for me but being well rested seems to help

4. smoking definitely makes the cold last longer and the cough worse

5. i had bronchitis in the winter, i kept smoking, did a lot of physical activity, and didnt eat right. i regretted every minute of that, it didnt go away until spring haha

6. True. Alchohol fucks up, too. I regret every time I've smoked/drinked when I had a cold.

7. Hey man I don't know bout me, I just had strep that migrated into my bronchi and caused bronchites, I got sick after I quite smoking for 2 weeks. So I said fuckit and started smoking (had the idea that since I quite my immune system went outa wack) 2 days later I was playin b-ball no problemo. And the weed definatly helped the brochitis(inflamation of the bronchi), pot smoke is an expectorant(expands the lungs), like psudoephedrine. It would feel like an elephant was sitting on my chest, then I took 1 or 2 hits of a pipe and the tight chest was gone, and I was happy. As for the strep throught, its a virus so it just had to run its course.

Just my 2 cents hope it made sense.

8. I havent had a "common cold" in the last year or so since I started smoking really heavily. Allergies still kick my ass though.

9. Usually when I smoke during a cold it clears me up right away. Unless it's schwag...then it makes my nose feel like there's a clothes-pin on it...and I get terrible pressure headaches.
    Good buds always seem to work though!

10. Cool..interesting answers. I usually smoke during colds, is good for the headache and can help me take naps or sleep. It also seems to help if you have phlegm or any throat congestion. The one thing it doesn't help is the sore throat..makes it SO much worse, which is why I rarely smoke when I'm sick and vape instead.

11. I think the trick it to just take a couple hits, not smoke a fatty like on any rug occation.
    And I do believe that when your in a good mood its easer to get better quicker. imo.

12. I just got over a cold, and I have to say that a few hits off the pipe really made me feel better. Wonderful stuff!

13. it makes me feel better during highness but it makes the cold last longer

14. i smoke everyday so when i get sick i just try to smoke a little bit at a time..snap here and there you know

15. the cough is of little harm and regret when compared to the sweet joy thereafter ;)

16. i like to get real high when im sick because i feel alot happier,
    and it puts me in a such good mood that i dont feel really sick anymore.

17. ahh, you are all forgeting

you could vaporize it
    (not really smoking but what ever)

i did that a few times and i didnt have any negative effects

18. if i get a sore throat i will not smoke just because it is so annoying

19. yea i got high when i had the flue i felt so good.Went to the movies and watch push.And had the best tasting gummy bears i ever had.The whole day was fun just me and my buddies havein a fun time

20. Um, try using edibles during your cold. Cannabis lollipops are very nice.