Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking And Lung Damage

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BreezyF, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I was just wondering does vaping actually not cause any lung damage? Is it really just vaper with THC in it? Because if you roll J's and Blunts then what gets you is the wrapping and the burnin plant matter... I know I could just make edibles but that's more difficult so is vaping really vaper and not damaging?

2. Vapor is way healthier than combustion.

I don't understand why people still combust.

3. [quote name='"l James l"']Vapor is way healthier than combustion.

I don't understand why people still combust.[/quote]

I like the act of smoking. I like passing a pipe in a circle.

4. Vapor is just hot air with the active ingredients in it, essentially.

It is technically safer than smoking....WAY safer.

It still, from my understanding, will do some minute form of damage, but it's like comparing an ant to an elephant. No where near what smoking does to your lungs.

And I still combust hahahaha

5. you get more effects when combusting...all different cannabinoids have higher burning rates that u wont get with vaporizing.

with that being said...there's a new study (apparently) that the smoke from weed actually inhibits and deadens cancer cells..

but take it as a grain of salt...and everything in moderation..!

and oh yeah...vaporizing IS way healthier...if u're only searching for the psychoactive ingredient which is THC.

6. [quote name='"Decimotox"']Vapor is just hot air with the active ingredients in it, essentially.

It is technically safer than smoking....WAY safer.

It still, from my understanding, will do some minute form of damage, but it's like comparing an ant to an elephant. No where near what smoking does to your lungs.

And I still combust hahahaha[/quote]

Well I mean I still like smoke the act of smoking if you know what I mean but I play sports and have to run and stuff so I just wanna be not bent over about to die all the time

7. #7 StonerSnake, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    Since when does smokin bud cause lung damage?

8. [quote name='"StonerSnake"']

Since when does smokin bud cause lung damage?[/quote]

Your still inhaling combusted plant particles, which damages your lungs, nothing like tobacco because they put all those chemicals in there but yea it still damages them (decreased lung capacity)

9. Smoking anything does damage to your lungs. Cannabis on fire produces hundreds of chemical compounds, not all of which are good for ya. Having said that, there has never been a single case of lung cancer due to huffin' canna.

I smoked mostly joints for years, then switched to a vape. There is a subtle, yet very real difference in the stone, btw. Now that I am a medical user, and I go through much more, I believe the vaporizer to be a healthier choice.

Just my 2cents...

10. [quote name='"DoobyBro"']Smoking anything does damage to your lungs. Cannabis on fire produces hundreds of chemical compounds, not all of which are good for ya. Having said that, there has never been a single case of lung cancer due to huffin' canna.

I smoked mostly joints for years, then switched to a vape. There is a subtle, yet very real difference in the stone, btw. Now that I am a medical user, and I go through much more, I believe the vaporizer to be a healthier choice.

Just my 2cents...[/quote]

Ever run? Feel like you can't breathe cause that's what I don't want but still want the herb

11. [quote name='"BreezyF"']

Ever run? [/quote]

What's that?

12. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

What's that?[/quote]

It's this really weird thing where you move your legs and the faster you move them the faster you go.... And it makes you tired... Weird shit man.... Weird shit

13. I don't know what you're talking about. Last night I smoked like 3 bowls and then today I ran 2.5 miles easy, I didn't even feel out of breath. :hello:

14. #14 NeverMistakeMe, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    [quote name='"BreezyF"']

It's this really weird thing where you move your legs and the faster you move them the faster you go.... And it makes you tired... Weird shit man.... Weird shit[/quote]

Lmaoo!
    But @ForceOfWill
    He's talking about after you take a huge hit (sometimes not even) and you just feel like you're suffocating. Usually takes a minute or two to go away for me but when that happens I know I'm about to be stoned! Even though the lost breath feeling is really uncomfortable, I feel you OP.

Lung damage isn't a huge risk when smoking marijuana. The capacity of your lungs just might not be that great or you're just not used to dank smoke, or smoke in general. Interesting bit, when I was in 6th grade or so I would always count how long I could hold my breath in class out of boredom. I got to 1:30 a few months ago after a couple of years of heavy heavy smoking. Compared to 45 seconds with virgin lungs.

15. Because smoking is fun and pleasurable group/ solo activity? I can only assume that you have no friends to enjoy it with.

16. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

Lmaoo!
    But @ForceOfWill
    He's talking about after you take a huge hit (sometimes not even) and you just feel like you're suffocating. Usually takes a minute or two to go away for me but when that happens I know I'm about to be stoned! Even though the lost breath feeling is really uncomfortable, I feel you OP.

Lung damage isn't a huge risk when smoking marijuana. The capacity of your lungs just might not be that great or you're just not used to dank smoke, or smoke in general. Interesting bit, when I was in 6th grade or so I would always count how long I could hold my breath in class out of boredom. I got to 1:30 a few months ago after a couple of years of heavy heavy smoking. Compared to 45 seconds with virgin lungs.[/quote]

Your lungs are bigger now to confiscate for your whole body size, they were smaller when you were smaller back in the sixth grade thanks for the input tho

17. [quote name='"BreezyF"']

Your lungs are bigger now to confiscate for your whole body size, they were smaller when you were smaller back in the sixth grade thanks for the input tho[/quote]

I've only grown about one or two inches since then but okay :p

18. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

I've only grown about one or two inches since then but okay :p[/quote]

I mean width and everything hopefully you gained weigh sense the 6th grade haha

19. When you vape your inhaling vapor which is healthier for the lungs than combustion, but either way cannabis doesn't inhibit lung performance like tobacco does, Michael phelps took bong hits and he's got 21 medals lol