Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and Jobs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rockstaradam, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I am a recent high school graduate and am trying to plan for my future. I used to be an avid user of Marijuana due to its mental health benefits for me. I am currently not smoking and haven't been in a while. I soon am being shipped off to Paris Island for Marine Corps training, and then hope to go to college after to become and Marine officer. What are some good courses to take in college for good paying jobs that I would still be able to use marijuana? I know that while active duty in the military, you cannot use but are free to do whatever you want after you are out. I'm interested in computers and engineering, have considered law enforcement, but I don't believe that MM use in law enforcement is tolerated at all. I'm looking to be prepared for a job that pays atleast 70k plus per year, and still be able to use MM. I am a very good student with a 3.8 GPA. I also plan to grow medical marijuana for some personal medical use and to supply dispensaries. Also plan to do some small time music acts a few times a month since I am a solo acoustic artist that have been playing for 12 years. Thanks guys

2. I am interested in computers, music, and software.

3. From my knowledge most IT jobs test once initially, but don't test afterwords usually unless you give them a reason too.

4. Therefor I would need to be clean for a few months and then should be good to start back up?

5. Yeah dude, stay clean until you find a decent job in computers/office work/etc. Also most restaurants (like real restaurants, not McD's) don't test if you are looking for some extra work too.

6. if you get caught once testing dirty especially if you are in military or some other law enforcement, you can kiss your 70k goodbye

7. Did you not read that all? I'm not smoking right now because of the military and am not doing law enforcement due to the drug tests...

8. Sweet man thanks

9. You know, why don't you just focus on recruit training?

10. Sound Engineering or Computer Science (software development)?

Thank you for serving!