Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and Heartburn

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tomblack, Sep 22, 2010.

1. So I am only 19 years old but i have had the worst heartburn ever for about 2 solid years. I would burp acid into my mouth, my stomach would feel on fire, and I was afraid for my esophagus. I had to sleep at an incline most nights and it really just sucked all around.

I have been on a t break now almost 3 weeks, and my heartburn is totally diminished. I haven't had to take any medication for it, and I have been eating the same as I was while smoking.

Could smoking really cause my symptoms to be that severe? Or is there no link?

2. ive always noticed that i get heartburn after smoking, but it goes away quick. ive never had a big problem with it. you can talk to your doctor about it if you want, legally, he isn't allowed to tell anyone that you smoke, and he can't say anything against it. but there could be a connection. you never know.

3. Smoking can definately make heartburn worse.

You should try to get some medication, there's over the counter medicine if you don't want to see a doctor. Most antiacids work pretty well.

I've had the same problem. It sucks pretty bad. My heartburn gets unbearable after eating certain foods, like Mexican, which is my favorite, or even from certain spices. If I start to feel something after dinner, before smoking, or before bed I just eat 2 ultra strength Tums and I'm set.

4. You should change your diet firstly. I was in your same shoes a year ago and I cut foods that trigger my acid - Bread, Chocolate, tomatoes, citric acidy foods, too much oil, nuts, wine, hard liqour, and the list goes on and I ate foods that help neutralize my acid and help me heal my insides like cucummbers, aloe vera juice, green peppers usually all green vegetables in fact, drank more water, excercised.

You'll be impressed how much diet can help you out. In my opinion most over and under the counter medications just dull the pain and let it subside but it is by no means a solution to the problem. What I listed may seem alot to cut out of your diet but if you still wanna toke without taking meds while still getting an acid burn every once in a while you'll head my advice.

Google is your friend as well.