Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and heartburn?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EnjoiPugs, May 21, 2009.

1. I've had heartburn for years before I started smoking, but lately I've been smoking a lot. Haven't missed a day in at least two months. I've noticed that I am having heartburn more frequently. I don't smoke cigs at all and probably 2 or 3 times a day I'll either roll a joint or hit our bong. So do any of you get this problem when you smoke too? Is there a method you know of that doesn't make it as bad.

2. I take prilosec (the offbrand actually). One every other day, kills it. I have acid reflux and smoking just makes it worse.

3. Yeah i've been taking the CVS version of that stuff forever, but now I am taking that shit everyday, sometimes twice and I don't like the idea of that...

4. You should probably go to the Doctor if you already haven't then. You may have an ulcer, in which case you will need some medicine that actually stops it.

5. smoking increases gastric juices, smoking anyhting not just pot, therefore if you have acid reflux smoking may make it worse

6. Yeah I just got diagnosed with peptic ulcer. no smoking or vaping for at least 12 weeks. I am gonna end up saving a shit load of money.

7. Yeah dude a similar thing happened to me a week ago when I decided to smoke every day that week. So I took a break from smoking for this week, and the heartburn went away. I think a lot of smoke just intensifies the heartburn, so if you don't smoke quite as much then it should lessen. Or you could just get a daily heartburn medication, I've had those in the past.

8. The doc put me on Aciphex and acid blocker. My ulcer was bleeding so I am not about to fuck with it at all. I'm just gonna take the T break.