Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and Driving

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thereddfoxx12, Sep 27, 2010.

1. think about it if your drunk, you'll fly rite through a stop sign .... if your high, you would wait for the stop sign to turn green;] alot of people are so much more carefull when high.... especially more carefull when there drunk.

2. #22 IIG, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    Driving while high from smoking is okay (though I don't like it), but driving on edibles should never happen. I actually just did this for the first time the other day, and I was literally afraid while driving. That was worse than any alcohol or smoking effects I've experienced.

3. You won't get flames from me over it because you are correct. Driving while impaired in any way is bad mojo.

Utter bullshit. You might THINK you are driving better but you're impaired.

4. Getting stoned makes me enjoy driving so much more. I'll take longer, scenic routes to
    places when I'm high and just enjoy it. My only accident was when I was sober, as well as
    a parking ticket. Never a problem driving high unless I'm super baked.

5. George Michael.
    He didn't just crash his car into a wall to get the chance at sucking some more jail weiner.

6. #26 hiphopanonymous?, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    personally i tink it just really depends on the person. Such as how hight hey are and how used to it they are. if im highi drive fine but on the other hand my friend drove us 2 days ago, Scary shit with him drivin. Also the risk of dwi/dui scares me shitless so i just dont drive much

7. Stop making excuses. Some people can down a bottle of whiskey and drive OK too. That doesn't make it right.

8. Who's to say what makes something right? High drivers compensate for thier impairment by taking extra precautions. While driving stoned you try to drive as safely as possible to avoid negative attention. If I am as competent high as someone who isn't, then does it really matter if I'm high or not?

9. I drive high every day of my life. I imagine a lot of people on this forum do.. We are all regular smokers.. And we all need to drive during the day..

I mean.. Oldskool, I can understand where you're coming from "Some people can down a bottle of whiskey and drive OK too" you're so right! But have you honestly never drove high in your life? And even if you have did you think it was that big of a deal? And if you haven't that must have been quite a few days you didn't drive because you were smoking, right?

When do you know it's ok to drive because you're not high? Because even if you're burnt and smoked way earlier that day you can still consider that "driving impaired".

Now I wont go flat out and say that I'm for driving high, or anything like "I can drive better high" but I will say I drive high every single day of my life and I've never been pulled over or in a wreck.. Even when I'm high I feel like I'm still a very responsible driver.

For me, I'm down with it.

10. I think it's wrong to be honest. I've done it a few times, and yes you are more cautious- but if you honestly think you drive better when high you're delusional IMO. That or you're a horrible driver to begin with. Driving is already a dangerous thing, there's a ton of things that can go wrong (sober)- so why risk it?

Maybe it takes being involved in an accident (once again, sober) to understand... Hell I don't even like to drive when I'm tired... your mind is off in another place, so being high is just another problem all together. I say if you're driving you need to be at your best... no smoking, drinking, reading, eating, being tired, etc.

11. It wasn't cannabis that caused him to fall asleep at the wheel and crash, he was on a load of prescribed pills aswell. Of course the press put that in the small print as thats all legal, and seen as he was in posession of two jays that immediatly got all the headlines just to add to the fear factor.

George Michael gets jail sentence for drug-driving crash | Music | The Guardian

Do your research man. :smoke:

12. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's one thing to have a little buzz and drive, just like having a beer or two is legal and relatively safe. Driving around all blazed out of your gourd is another matter. That's all I've been saying :)

13. Oh word, then we agree lmao :wave: :D :smoking:

14. Honestly I drive better lol. Well not better but safer. Normally I speed, etc but when I'm lit I feel like I'm driving fast when I'm really going the speed limit lol so it works perfect.

15. the first time is always a little "different" but not necessarily tough.once you get comfortable,you're all set:smoke:

16. They actually teach that to cops with regards to profiling. If they are driving fast and erratic they are drunk. If they are driving slower than the speed limit they are stoned. People tend to drive slower when stoned because their perception of time is altered, another reason NOT to drive stoned.

Not kidding. I've had more than one cop friend tell me they were taught to look for that.

17. how many of the people here posted saying "oh yea i drive better stoned" know for a fact they drive better stoned. has anyone else seen you drive stoned? You think you may be a better driver ( some of you may be ) but your perception is altered which may make you think your better, but in reality, your shittier then you are sober

18. When I drive high, there is no affect to my driving skill. I can concentrate on driving clearly, but still enjoy my self :smoking:

19. Its all about cruise control.
    set it at the speed limit and you wont drive too slow or too fast. just makes sense to me.

20. If you are coming off a t-break or are new to it, probably not a good idea, but when you've been smoking for awhile and know your limits, MOST people will do fine. No different than driving a car with a BAC of .04. If it impairs you, don't do it. I and my wife think I'm better after medicating because it take the normal "edge" off my type "A" personality and I don't get offended nearly as easy when someone cuts me off or tailgates. After medicating, I'm MUCH more likely to just get out of their way and let them be idiots.:)