Smoking and cigs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Faym0us, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ive never met or known anyone who liked camel menthols besides me. They're way mintier than the Crush and seem abit stronger.
    Those were my favorites for about a year. Reminds me of my short university stint.

2. I smoked for 5 years and quit in September of last year. I used to smoke Benson & Hedges smooths.

Irritated when I'm not sedated.

3. Dude you have cancer and you're smoking cigs??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Have been smoking them marlboro reds for a while too. Usually i'd go through a pack week. zthen it became like s pack for 2 days.

Promised to stop for new years.

Have only bought like 4-5packs so far. but none this week since like sunday

5. I haven't smoked in a while but when I did on occasion I liked camel crush

6. Quit smoking but I used to smoke L&M reds or marlboro reds

7. Newport shorts, by far the best cigarette. It's the cherry on top after smoking a blunt.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I was smoking cigs before I got diagnosed........

9. As if cancer just makes your previous addictions disappear XD my gawd...

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I go in between camels and newports, smoke a pack a week. Quit for awhile but once school started up I started smoking in between classes.

11. #51 Faym0us, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    My smoking cigs has nothing to do with the type of cancer I had/have. I was diagnosed the first time when I was 9. I wasn't smoking then. My cancer came back.

12. I was posting in reference to the genious who originally mentioned it. Even if it was lung cancer, its not just like "oh my god, I feel no urge to smoke now "

Im sorry about the topic in general by the way, your a strong girl to.have beaten it once already. All the luck

13. camels where it's at

14. I feel bad for snipping. Chemo is making me irritable. I smoked a bowl and I'm good now. Thanks for the kind wishes!

15. 100 percent understandable :) keep it burnin Op

16. I quit smoking cigarettes for a year and a half after ten years of it. Was in a really rough week, slipped up, bought a pack, and now I've been smoking cigs again. Granted, I'm only smoking a pack or two a week, instead of a day like before. Nonetheless, still need to kick the habit again, I've had luck with smokeless tobacco, but I'm considering buying an e-cig. Don't know if it's the nicotine addiction or the oral/hand fixation, or both more likely, but it's definitely a bitch to quit, and stay quit!

Anyway, I roll my own, or buy L&M reds. I buy Camels now and then, if I'm just dying to waste money, ha.

17. I appreciate the "genious" comment, however I don't claim to be a genious or a genius.

I do however know that tobacco and its smoke has carcinogens that cause a variety of cancers and not just lung cancer. I just assumed one's desire to live might overpower their urge to smoke.

For example my dad smoked cigarettes for 50 years and got kidney cancer. They removed his kidney and he had to stop smoking to live.

He picked them back up after a few years. He had a stroke six months ago which resulted in him getting a heart stent because an entire artery was 100% blocked. He has an urge to smoke now but uses ecigs which still vasoconstrict but have less carcinogens than smoke. I don't approve of either but atleast he realizes his negative habit and is trying a healthier approach and not making threads about it haha.

My grandma smoked for 70 years and had 4 arteries blocked which resulted in a quadruple bypass. She quit cold turkey and despises tobacco now.

Different folks different strokes, I'm not denying any change in desire to smoke but noting that the desire to live increases in some people in such situations and often they rethink their habit.

Idk just rubs me wrong that you have a cancer thread and a cigarette thread especially on a marijuana forum with plenty research on the cancer-killing properties of cannabis. Maybe you could consider smoking/vaping/eating weed instead of tobacco.

Just my .02, good luck with your recovery

18. [quote name="penisface" post="19488092" timestamp="1391896117"]I appreciate the "genious" comment, however I don't claim to be a genious or a genius.

I do however know that tobacco and its smoke has carcinogens that cause a variety of cancers and not just lung cancer. I just assumed one's desire to live might overpower their urge to smoke.

For example my dad smoked cigarettes for 50 years and got kidney cancer. They removed his kidney and he had to stop smoking to live.

He picked them back up after a few years. He had a stroke six months ago which resulted in him getting a heart stent because an entire artery was 100% blocked. He has an urge to smoke now but uses ecigs which still vasoconstrict but have less carcinogens than smoke. I don't approve of either but atleast he realizes his negative habit and is trying a healthier approach and not making threads about it haha.

My grandma smoked for 70 years and had 4 arteries blocked which resulted in a quadruple bypass. She quit cold turkey and despises tobacco now.

Different folks different strokes, I'm not denying any change in desire to smoke but noting that the desire to live increases in some people in such situations and often they rethink their habit.

Idk just rubs me wrong that you have a cancer thread and a cigarette thread especially on a marijuana forum with plenty research on the cancer-killing properties of cannabis. Maybe you could consider smoking/vaping/eating weed instead of tobacco.

Just my .02, good luck with your recovery

I will openly admit that I was bein a prick, and looked like a big ol dummy by spelling genius wrong.

19. I liked Marb 27's when I smoked cigs, I've been on that ecig for like 7-8 months now

20. I rarely smoke cigs but do smoke swisher and Black n milds after smoking Weed. Then i do smoke tricks yup awesome.