Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking and breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SniperKitty, Dec 1, 2011.

1. The highest concentration of endocannabinoids is found in breast milk.

Also your child is premature.

take is as you want. I say a little cannabis isn't bad and may actually be beneficial

2. I will take 7 months worth of hits for you.
    RIGHT FUCKING NOWWW.

3. [quote name='"northnick"']Stop smoking weed and nuture your goddamn 5 pound child.[/quote]

Um I don't really appreciate this kind of response if you actually had bothered to read ANYTHING I typed you would have known I haven't smoked since I found out I was pregnant. I was asking for information from people on the subject and your post is uncalled for a rude and I'm pretty shocked hearing something like this from someone on gc.

Don't post in someones thread asking for info if you don't bother the read the god damn post to begin with and don't have anything of importance to say...

4. [quote name='"Hali Hostility"']

I will take 7 months worth of hits for you.
    RIGHT FUCKING NOWWW.[/quote]

Haha! Appreciate it! I'll be able to join you soon! No daily toking for me anymore though :p

5. From my own experience, and still breastfeeding my 1 healthy one year old. I do not recommend you breastfeed this early on and smoke because the only thing it will do is get you high but also lessen your milk supply but it does not get in the milk. Now as for edibles, i believe it could get your baby high if you eat it, haven't had the edible experience while breastfeedng, but once the baby is older and can eat more mushy food with breastmilk they will have something else to eat if you do decide to smoke. So that way they can have more food supply. But it doesn't take the milk away drastically, just do small amounts if you can't stand the pain anymore, it's much better than Vicodin!!

6. I would recommend pumping as much milk as you can. You would still have trace amounts in your system the next time you would need to pump but the baby wouldn't be constantly getting it.

7. Why is this still going on, I stopped bf a long time ago haha

8. Because some fucking moron necroposted.

9. what's wrong with old threads?

the topic is still interesting, and this specifically would take decades to test.

10. theres nothing more important then the developing stages of your babies life. i would definitely wait because there's always time to smoke, and raising a child is 100% more important then getting high.