Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking After Wisdom Tooth Removal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TokerNJ, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Hey everybody. I had a wisdom tooth taken out yesterday, and on the instructions it said not to smoke afterwards. Would smoking the ganja cause problems for the healing process? I have stitches in my mouth where the tooth was removed. 

2. Well I'm sure that instruction was not directed towards marijuana.. I'm assuming that anything you see that warns against smoking is always directed towards tobacco, at least in places where weed is illegal.
    Maybe wait a few days to be safe, but like I said it's probably directed towards tobacco.

3. You should wait 24 hrs if u can't put some wet gauze wet the tooth was taken .. you can get a infections

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. if you get dry sockets, its gonna hurt like a bitch...
    best advice is to dampen some gauzes & put them over the wound.
    bite down and suck on the gauze while blazing.

5. I was cautioned against smoking and drinking out of the straw because of the strain it can put on your mouth.
    I wasn't smoking at the time of my wisdom tooth removal but I think on day 3 it would be okay.

6. Trust me first hand dry socket is not worth it. Just wait a few days and enjoy the pain pills during. 

7. #7 Johnny Blazed, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    from what they say a dry socket is very painful wouldnt risk it

take a 4 day break

8. #8 Sgt.ButtSniff, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    I had the same shit. Wait a couple days dude, you could really fuck the openings in your mouth up. Sucking on a joint, blunt, bong, whatever it may be could dislodge the stitching and blood clots, getting smoke and tobacco in there is the last thing yku want, leading to infection. Ether way it hurts, your open sores will be bleeding for a couple days, and you dont want your blood on your joint or blunt, neither will your friends. I waitted about a week or two, and i was okay. Either way getting high feels extreamly weird with missing flesh in your mouth, and no matter what you do itll taste like blood, being high, thats the last thi.g you wanna taste but you will... the entire.. time.. do yourself a favor bro please lol, dont smoke just wait. 2 weeks and your fuckin perfect. Let the open sores heal and the bleeding to stop.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. it's best to wait but if you do decide to smoke make sure you drink lots of water a dry mouth is a breading ground for bacteria

10. I used to smoke cigarettes hours after a tooth extraction without stiches. Just a gaping home in my gums. Didn't affect me one bit.

Except that now i'm a dickhead on GC........

11. I smoked the day after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out. It's not the chance of infection but the chance of loosening the blood clots that is the issue. DO NOT smoke bong loads, creates a vacuum in your mouth that will put mad pressure on the clots(which is also why they don't want you drinking from a straw) if u can't hold out smoke bowls in a pipe and never pinch the carb the whole way.

12. No dude don't smoke. Wait at least like a week or 2.
    If you have a vape that hits smooth, wait like 2 days.

--Ride the tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean!--

13. just had a tooth extracted. i waited as long as i could. about 18 hours no smoking.

i put some gauze pads in there to keep nicotine and all the nasty shit out of the wound.

14. When you do the wet guaze make sure its formed around it if you know what i mean...you will be able to tell if you got it covered. And also mouth wash right after....i did this every time and never got a dry socket

I only had bottom wisdom teeth, im sure the top ones may be a little tricky

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. It hurts really really bad is all im saying. I had to get more percocets thanks to dry socket

16. Follow the instructions you received from your dental office, if you want to have your mouth recover  properly.  Sometimes we have to put up with a little pain from medical procedures, and weed is not something that can be used every time we feel like it.  

This, I did this and it worked well, just go easy and be sure the clots stay in place to avoid the dry socket. Its really not as bad as people make it out to be, and well if you get dry sockets, the pain is not forever afterall.

18. Not even close to worth it. Dry socket is a hell of a thing. Avoid it.

19. Hit it through your nose, exhale through your nose

Vapes are awesome for this