Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after wisdom teeth removed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShakeJunt666, Mar 5, 2010.

1. In two weeks im getting all four wisdom teeth removed. Everyone I know said its painful but I think there over exaggerating. I asked my friend if he smoked after getting them removed to help the soreness but he said you cant because your mouth can get infected. I don't really believe him but I know you have to gargle salt water to kill the bacteria, and I don't know if smoking will interfere in any kind of way. My question is have did you guys smoke after getting them removed and did it make a difference?? Thanks for your input.

2. Smoking can clot the blood and get infected. Same with drinking from a straw. You can't for like 3-5 days.

3. I got mine out 2 months ago, only had 2 top ones, so I got out easy, but I smoked the very next day, just pulled lightly on my pipe and felt awesome. But I had stopped bleeding already and didnt even take the vikes. Wait probably 3 days if you have all 4.

4. It's not too horribly painfully. They usually put you out for the procedure. You can smoke though. The only reason they advise against it is because smoking, sucking on a straw, ect. . .can dislodge the blood clot where they're removed the tooth(which isn't that important) and cause a "dry socket", which is REALLY painful. You won't get an infection. They'll usually prescribe you special mouthwash to prevent it.

~Zombie

5. Have fun with the dry socket.

6. What he said! I knew it was something like that. Thanks for straightening out my loopy sentence. lol

7. Hahahah No problem brother:D

8. Edibles... fixes the pain, solves the smoke issue, and solves the sucking issue... =)

9. I just got my wisdom teeth done last month, all four like you, and smoked the very next day. It felt REALLY weird to smoke, and you've got to suck in the hits lightly and slowly. Plus, I had zero pain from the surgery, so I basically had 40 Norco 10s to get fucked up on.

10. Oh fuck...I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed this summer and didn't even think about smoking. Whatever, a forced t-break didn't hurt anyone :)

11. Ya can't smoke for at least 5 days.

12. i just got mine done last friday i got 3 out and my stitches out today and i asked my dentist and he said its ok to smoke 1 or 2 days later

13. Best idea posted.

14. Nevermind the people that say no or the doctors, your gonna wanna smoke after, i did and it hurt absolutley nothing, so ya go crazy and be high all the time you can be, it makes it more bearable, and if you happen to live with your parents tell them it's the vicoden messing you up

15. i got all 4 taken out and i smoked 4 hours after just roll loose joints to pull to hard/ i didnt get any dry sockets

16. When i had my wisdom teeth pulled out I waited till that night and took (very light) pipe rips only. no bongies for me. I was fine.

Last October my friend got his pulled out, and when his dad was out getting his meds, I went up there with another friend and we blazed fat with him. At first it was good, but then he started hurting, and bleeding more. Although this was about 2 1/2 hrs after he got it done.

Just wait a day and you'll be fine.

17. just smoke through your nose... thats what i did! works just as well... kinda burns but still gets you stoned! :hello:

18. They say not to but I've known numerous people to do it with no ill effects.