Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after head injury?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by pastscreaming, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I was in a hare scramble yesterday (dirt bike race through the forest) and crashed pretty hard into a tree. I have a terrible pain in my chest and upper shoulder and i hit my head on the tree (they were scraping the paint off of it afterwards) so it is also possible I may have had a mild concussion (never lost consciousness but did have nausea and a headache). Both the dr at the hospital and my actual dr who I saw today said my head is probably nothing to worry about and I am fine. X rays of my chest and shoulder came back negative so nothing is broken but I just feel sore. Have been taking 3 motrins every like 4 hours and am feeling out of it but I still am in a lot of pain. Any sort of deep inhale/cough/sneeze/burp is incredibly painful on the right side of my chest.

I haven't smoked since the accident but since both doctors said I most likely dont have a concussion (or a very mild one if I did) I am wondering if anyone knows if I'll be ok. I have been taking motrin as well so if thats something not to mix than lemme know. Ill be hitting small bowls because I can't really take a deep breath without pain.

I appreciate the help, greatly.

2. You're safe to smoke.

3. I have a section on "Brain Trauma" in my list (first link in my sig). But as long as the docs checked you out for concussion, you should be fine. Coughing might be a drag, though! :(

And hon, be careful! Those "youthful" injuries have a way of coming back to haunt you 30 or so years down the road.

Granny :wave:

4. dude this guy knows whats up LOL :smoke:

5. Don't smoke dear it is danger for your life. So until u will not get well don't smoke.