Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after donating blood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jham, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Well I am donating blood tommorow and was wondering how bad is it to smoke after donating blood? like an hour after. if that helps......also anyone ever tried this?

2. i have, you should be good man. think of it this way. weed never killed anybody, right?

3. I'd be very careful. Smoking lowers your blood pressure, and when you just gave up a pint of blood... could be a bad mix.

That's not to say that something bad will happen, just I wouldn't personally risk it.

4. i would think you would get high as hell. go for it, fuck it

5. hahaha lets hope so!

6. You'll be fine bro. Last year I smoked directly after giving blood haha maybe 20min at the most after. Didn't notice anything different.

7. the reason they say no smoking is because if you smoked right after you have a good chance to pass out. if you drink though take it easy as for everyone 1 beer it's like 2, so 4 beers = 8

8. i just gave blood and im hiiiigh as hell haha, i dont think its that bad

9. My phlebotomist told me I should wait four hours before using any substance, she listed off Alcohol, Nicotine, Caffeine, and Marijuana. BUT if I would have had the chance a couple of hours after I left- I would have anyway, I'm sure that smoking weed less than four hours after you gave blood wouldn't cause any adverse affects. So smoke away my friend.
    You'll probably just get super tired and crash though.